Join VillageMD as a Director of Payor Contracting in Houston, TX.
Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation
At VillageMD, we're looking for a Director of Payor Contracting to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
Could this be you?
Integral to our team, the Director of Payor Contracting will be accountable for driving successful payor partnerships through development and execution of agreements that support the VMD business model, particularly our physician partners and patients served. This individual will be responsible for both leading and supporting payor negotiations with an emphasis on building strong, collaborative payor relationships that support innovative reimbursement structures to advance the best interest of high quality, affordable patient care.
How you can make a difference
- Negotiate complex, value-based payor agreements, and participate in the strategic development of payor contracting initiatives in assigned markets
- Implement the contract structures and reimbursement methods and rates for all professional, institutional, ancillary and vendor providers in assigned markets
- Work closely with Operations team members to ensure that key provider support processes are well functioning
- Negotiate and improve upon stop loss provisions
- Improve deal terms for quality measures
- Participate in business development efforts and initial outreach
Skills for success
- Ability to be proactive with strong personal initiative as well as highly organized and detail oriented.
- Effectively contributing to building collaborative payor relationships that result in advantageous contract arrangements
- Understanding of medical cost trends that drive gains and losses across risk pools
- Ability to navigate within ambiguity, a service orientation, and a high level of humility are vital for successful assimilation into our highly collaborative, entrepreneurial culture
- Strong knowledge of Medicare Advantage bid process and payor funds flow
- Knowledge and understanding of health plan network operations preferred
Experience to drive change
- Demonstrated track record of building strong working relationships across operational leaders and potential payor partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business required
- Minimum of 10 years in progressive roles required
- Demonstrated analytical, project management, and leadership skills
- Experience modeling payor contracts
- Knowledge of value-based contract methodologies and preferred financial and administrative terms
- Experience negotiating quality and efficiency metrics preferred
- Ability to think independently, and develop new processes/analyses required
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and execute against multiple competing priorities
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word required
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Those seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Explore your future with VillageMD today.