Director, M&A Integration at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud-based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
ServiceNow is seeking a Director, M&A Integration to join its Integration Management Office (IMO) team at its global headquarters in Santa Clara, CA. The position offers the opportunity to join the fast-paced team which addresses key strategic areas of inorganic growth for ServiceNow. The team directs program management efforts for all company acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, and other similar strategic initiatives.
The IMO team is a small, core group of professionals who drive the pre-merger integration planning and post-merger integration execution to achieve deal rationale, deal value drivers, and synergies.
As a key member of this team, the Director, M&A Integration will report to the Sr. Director of the IMO and support the team through all phases of the deal lifecycle from pre-LOI through post-integration.
- Participate in early evaluations during due diligence for M&A activities to understand the strategic objectives, help assess the candidate company, and provide the early voice on integration planning, risks and challenges
- Develop a comprehensive project plan which includes all workstream and functional team tasks to achieve the success metrics
- Develop an integration budget for each acquisition which aligns to the plan, and is monitored regularly
- Lead and take ownership for all aspects of the integration efforts, working with a team of functional experts from across the company
- Monitor status and rapidly identify issues pertaining to an acquisition, succinctly communicate those issues to the appropriate teams, and work the issues to resolution before any acquisition value deteriorates
- Report on progress to the deal executives and key stakeholders, and be the single point of contact for all stakeholders
- Manage stakeholder relationships; identify and establish partnerships with stakeholders to build support and secure sponsorship
- Exhibit cross-functional leadership and delivery in a matrixed organization through collaboration and effective relationships
- Develop M&A best practices for the company
- Manage other cross-functional project teams of various sizes based on company needs
- 8+ years of cross-functional project experience in a high technology industry (software companies preferred) with at least 5 years of M&A experience, including active integration involvement
- Good working knowledge of key business processes (Go to Market, Quote to Cash, Employee On-boarding, etc.)
- Demonstrated leadership and influence management skills
- Proven ability to think strategically about acquisition objectives and map the strategy into due diligence evaluations and a detailed project plan for integration execution
- Exceptional attention to detail, project management skills and working knowledge of project management tools
- A desire to roll-up your sleeves to see an integration project to successful completion
- An open, direct, and respectful communication style with excellent oral and written communication skills
- BA / BS degree from a leading academic institution; MBA a strong plus
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site .
Work personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in Office
A required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
A remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.