Director, Enterprise Architecture at ServiceNow (Dallas, TX)
At ServiceNow, our technology makes the world work for everyone, and our people make it possible. We move fast because the world can't wait, and we innovate in ways no one else can for our customers and communities. By joining ServiceNow, you are part of an ambitious team of change makers who have a restless curiosity and a drive for ingenuity. We know that your best work happens when you live your best life and share your unique talents, so we do everything we can to make that possible. We dream big together, supporting each other to make our individual and collective dreams come true. The future is ours, and it starts with you.
With more than 7,400+ customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2021 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies®.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
ServiceNow is seeking a Director, Enterprise Architecture who will lead a team of highly skilled enterprise executive architects and facilitate engagements directly with customers and through our Inspire program. Inspire is ServiceNow's executive consulting program focused on our largest and most innovative customers. The candidate is responsible for defining the key engagement models for their territory and leading a group of seasoned executive architects in working with our most innovative customers and those seeking to digitally transform their companies. The opportunity exists to both coach and lead engagements with key customers in driving real tangible outcomes. Your team's mantra is to challenge enterprise executives to think differently about the new world of work, how to drive better top line revenue by improving customer and employee experiences.
The ideal candidate will have a customer-centric mentality, willing to go the extra mile for the customer and break down barriers to ensure customer success. The candidate will be responsible for ensuring that resources are appropriately aligned to the key customer engagements, focused on skills and availability of the team. Also, the candidate will work with cross-ServiceNow teams to ensure that the appropriate level of support is delivered at the right venture for the customer interaction. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of the bridge between business objectives and technology solutions with a clear understanding of the role of enterprise architecture.
Who you are:
• Exceptional Leader: demonstrated success in building and leading high performing pre-sales organizations with a will to win, and continuous improvement, and the ability to evaluate, develop and reshape an existing team as necessary while mentoring and inspiring the team.
• Stakeholder Management: proven relationship builder up to CXO. Ability to influence both internal and external stakeholders to drive results
• Technically Astute: strong technical background across multiple domains including application, data, integration, cloud, big data, AI/ML, mobility, analytics, etc. ServiceNow domain knowledge with expertise in IT, Customer, Employee and Creator workflows.
• Enterprise Architect: proven success developing future-state, large-scale enterprise architectures
• Sales Acumen: demonstrated sales leadership experience and success in executing on collaborative software sales strategies where you have influenced, led and driven change, taking the business to the next level in a fast paced, high growth environment.
• Strong Communicator: excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills.
What you get to do in this role:
• Lead a team of highly skilled and experienced Executive Architect consultants in working with our most strategic customers
• Create and develop meaningful senior executive and CXO customer relationships
• Understand a customer's business strategy and articulate how ServiceNow can enable and deliver value to their organization, integrate into their current and future technology landscape
• Actively participate in ongoing customer opportunities and deliver executive level proposals
• Provide thought leadership in terms of looking beyond the technology and considering the value technology creates for our customers and helping to change how technology is viewed
• Collaborate on area sales strategy directly with aligned ServiceNow sales executives
• Collaborate with internal ServiceNow business units incl. Product Management, Marketing, IMPACT, Professional Services, etc.
• Identify and establish alignment opportunities with technology and SI partners
• Understand the detail behind the ServiceNow platform and communicate it at various levels
• Identify and lead internally significant initiatives that drive innovation and efficiencies
• A track record of leading a diverse, experienced group of senior executive architects, focused on delivering on customer outcomes across all industries
• 10 or more years of experience with Enterprise Architecture or Enterprise Strategy
• 10 or more years of senior leadership experience
• 15 or more years of proven success influencing senior technology leaders to drive change, in a pre-sales, customer or consulting focused role
• Experience presenting strategic and technical level content at the CXO level, and with key technical resources
• Experience and understanding of multiple technical domains - application, data, integration, cloud, big data, AI/ML, mobility, analytics, etc.
• ServiceNow domain expertise
• Understand industry trends and market opportunities to engage with CXOs in digitally transforming their business
• Breadth and depth of experience in value-based and solution selling
• Intrinsically curious and passionate about researching current and emerging technologies
• High degree of interest in developing, retaining and attracting team members
• Ability to work in a high growth, fast paced environment
• Bias for action
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site .
Work personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in Office
A required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
A remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.