Director of Client Growth & Strategy at Ad Hoc (Hampton Roads, VA)
This is a remote position within the DMV-Metro area
Ad Hoc is a digital services company that helps the federal government better serve people. Our team of experts from across the commercial industry and government brings the modern skills necessary to help agencies transform public services into digital services. Our work enables agencies to meet the needs of their users while closing the gap between consumer expectations and government.
- Our Federal contracts require that you be a U.S. Citizen to be eligible for employment.
- All work must be conducted within the U.S.
- As a government contractor, all hires may be required to meet additional pre-employment contingencies to the extent required by applicable law, at the time of hire or any time thereafter
The Director of Client Growth & Strategy is a key member of the Growth and Strategy Team and contributes directly to our goal of cultivating new customer relationships and owning strategic business opportunities for Ad Hoc. In this role, you are responsible for developing and nurturing a pipeline of new business leads and working closely with our internal teams, customers, and industry partners throughout the opportunity lifecycle.
Our Director of Growth & Strategy understands the Federal market and embodies a passion for addressing the challenges government agencies face in delivering software solutions that support their mission. They embrace change and a dynamic remote work environment and thrive in shaping opportunities that align with our mission to empower government customers to deliver superior digital services.
What you will do
- Shape and deliver on a strategy to cultivate new customer relationships in strategic Federal agencies
- Leverage customer experience with agencies
- Identify current and multi-year opportunities to expand the business pipeline
- Develop partner relationships that support the capture strategy
- Maximizing current contract vehicles to earn work via task orders and identifying new contract vehicles to pursue that support strategy
- Cultivate and manage a pipeline for target agencies
- Execute call plans and capture activities in alignment with company priorities and values
- Create brand awareness in the agencies
What you will bring
- Deep subject matter expertise and program operations issues and the ability to apply that knowledge to anticipate issues/enhance solutions for the federal government, beneficiaries, and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrates experience with federal contracting, contract management, and work as a prime or subcontractor arrangement
- Leads strategic change related to organizational goals, both internally and externally
- Driven by results, both in terms of meeting growth goals and customer expectations
- Proven leadership skills, facilitation, and consensus-building skills particularly in terms of leading others towards meeting the organization's mission and goals while providing an inclusive and positive work environment
- Business acumen in federal digital transformation methodologies and approaches
- Coalition building skills, including the ability to develop networks and alliances with partners
- Political savvy and awareness of and ability to respond to the operating environment
- Ability to build consensus and negotiate strategically to drive results
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Qualified candidates will have a minimum of 8 years of overall work experience
- Qualified candidates will have a minimum of 3 years in Government, Civil Service, or their dedicated discipline
- Company-subsidized Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Vanguard 401K Plan
- Unlimited Vacation
- Continuing Education/Annual Conference Attendance Stipend
Ad Hoc LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.
In support of the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, and others like it across the country, Ad Hoc job descriptions feature the starting range we reasonably expect to pay to candidates who would join our team with little to no need for training on the responsibilities we've outlined above. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide range of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and responsibility. The range of starting pay for this role is $193,795 - $257,801 and information on benefits offered is here. Our recruiters will be happy to answer any questions you may have, and we look forward to learning more about your salary requirements.