In-office locations: Santa Monica, CA, USA and Philadelphia, PA, USA.
Remote location(s): United States.
As a certified B Corp, our mission is truly woven into the fabric of what we do. As you grow professionally, you are doing good for the planet by helping us to transform the way consumers access clean energy and accelerate the world’s transition to a net-zero carbon future.
Inspire’s 2022 vision includes a large focus on building its Alternate Channels. This will include but not be limited to affiliate partnerships, dealer relationships, call center and concierge sales. This role will help develop and execute the Alternate Channel strategy.
We are seeking an Director, Alternate Channels that has a deep understanding of the go-to-market strategies required to achieve these tasks, knowledge and passion for clean energy and energy efficiency products and services, and relationships to serve as a foundation in the early stages of developing this effort.
Our Work Model:
Being bi-coastal, we have mastered the art of working collaboratively across different time zones and regions. Working from the comforts of our own homes, we don't mind the surprise cameos from children and pets. With our Open Workplace model, we encourage our teams to come together and take advantage of our collaborative work spaces in both Santa Monica, CA and Philadelphia, PA. We often host office events and celebrations that you won't want to miss!
How you'll help:
- Sales Strategy: Enhance and drive forward our alternate channel strategies to identify, target and acquire members in high volume, including go-to-market, forecast and budget, channel mix, vendor/partner/broker relationships, compensation plans, etc.
- Sales Channel Management: Methodically prioritize and build sales channels, including but not limited to direct sales, telesales, and indirect broker sales. Lead internal and external relationships to drive sales performance, amazing customer experience, and other strategic initiatives, such as lifetime value performance.
- Cross-Functional Leadership: Work closely with cross-functional teams internally in order to execute against strategic plans for growth and customer acquisition.
- Creative Thinking: Identify outside-the-box customer acquisition opportunities to increase customer acquisition volume through new mediums.
Some Year 1 Deliverables:
- Deliver 3-year alternate channel sales strategy and plan.
- Acquire 25,000+ new customers.
- Join existing sales efforts, channels and relationships and drive month-over-month growth in results.
- Identify champion sales channel and focus first 90-120 days on scaling it.
Here's what you'll bring to the table:
- Must Have
- 8-10 years experience running diverse sales teams including working with call centers, Dealers, Concierge Partners or other Affiliate Partners
- Vendor/broker management
- Rolodex of relationships
- Nice to Have
- Energy-related sales experience (retail energy, efficiency, lighting, automation, etc.)
- Uses technology to advance sales and sales opportunities
- High growth, early stage experience
Here's what we offer:
Health & Wellness:
- Medical/Dental/Vision coverage starts from day one
- Summer Fridays and Wellness days
- Mental Health Benefits (Headspace, Ginger)
- Company Paid Parental Leave
Life at Inspire:
- Flexible Time Off
- 401(K) up to 4% Matching
- Employee Resource Groups
- Treks through GivePower and the opportunity to participate in service trip
- Training, development, and growth opportunities for all employees
- Work from Home
- Semi Annual Performance Bonuses
- Tuition Reimbursement
- B Corporation Discounts
- Open Office Floor Plan
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Fun Company Events
More About Who We Are:
Inspire is a clean energy technology company on a mission to transform the way consumers access clean energy and to accelerate the world’s transition to a net-zero carbon future.
We provide our customers with access to renewable energy from wind, solar, and hydro powered sources without service interruptions or costly installations at a flat, predictable monthly rate. On average, one year of being an Inspire member can help avoid 9,639 pounds of carbon emissions - that is 7x more impactful than one year of recycling!