Customer Service Representative I at Fortegra Financial (Jacksonville, FL)
Fortegra Corporation, an insurance services company, provides insurance-related products and distribution and administration services in the United States. The company was formerly known as Life of the South Corporation and changed its name to Fortegra Corporation in 2008. Fortegra Corporation was incorporated in 1981 and is based in Jacksonville, Florida.Job Description
The Customer Service Representative ensures the delivery of excellent customer support through fast and accurate communication, making necessary changes for plans, coordinating with other team members and departments to resolve inquiries and issues for customers, and branch representatives.
- Communicates clearly, through direct conversations with the customer, and conveys needed information in a way the customer can understand, while showing empathy for customers situation.
- Resolves escalated situations in a friendly, courteous manner.
- Always pleasant and friendly. Can nurture strong, long-term relationship with any customer or branch representative.
- Ability to multitask using various applications to perform assigned tasks, including processing, logging, and routing claim documents, mail, and claim letters in between calls.
- Display a consistently positive, professional, and cooperative tone with customer, contacts, and co-workers.
- Communicate with other departments and external administrators via email/ telephone/fax, to inquire about claim status or documents pending review.
- Works as a team with co-workers, paying close attention to detail and resolving issues in the best interest of the customer, store representative and the company.
- Remain flexible to work various shifts and be willing to learn all lines of business within the department and occasionally assist other units within the company.
- Establish claims by inputting data from claim documents received various queues.
- High School Diploma or equivalency required
- 1 plus years’ customer service experience required; experience in a call center environment preferred. Experience using 1-2 systems/programs simultaneously. Bi-Lingual in Spanish/French a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, high volume work environment.
- Clear verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic to moderate skills in Word, Excel, and Outlook and other Microsoft Applications.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to multitask using various applications and channels of communication.
Full benefit package including medical, dental, life, company paid short/long term disability, 401(k), tuition assistance and more.
Find us on Facebook at facebook.com/Fortegra
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.