Customer Service Lead, Accounts Payable at ServiceNow (San Diego, CA)
At ServiceNow, our technology makes the world work for everyone, and our people make it possible. We move fast because the world can't wait, and we innovate in ways no one else can for our customers and communities. By joining ServiceNow, you are part of an ambitious team of change makers who have a restless curiosity and a drive for ingenuity. We know that your best work happens when you live your best life and share your unique talents, so we do everything we can to make that possible. We dream big together, supporting each other to make our individual and collective dreams come true. The future is ours, and it starts with you.
With more than 7,400+ customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2021 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies®.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
The Customer Service Lead reports to the Accounts Payable Manager with responsibility for operational execution related to global invoice processing, resolution management and proper internal control enforcement.
The focus of the role is to perform best practice invoice processing and query management through a case management tool. The position will work closely with the global procure to pay teams to provide best in class customer service.
The successful candidate will be expected to be highly self-motivated and innovative, with proven experience in successfully supporting a best in class customer service program including excellent service delivery with actionable business insights.
What you get to do in this role:
- Process invoices and resolve invoice posting issues.
- Answer complex P2P queries by determining the root cause, explaining the best solution, expediting correction or adjustment, and following up to ensure resolution
- Communicating and coordinating cross functionally to find appropriate solutions.
- Consolidate business needs from AP, Purchasing, Supplier Enablement, or any other business teams and bring recommendations to AP leadership group.
- Maintain process integrity, internal and SOX controls, and ensure compliance with all ServiceNow policies and applicable laws and regulations.
- Accountable for service delivery against agreed and evolving KPI's and SLA's.
- Support strategic and cross functional projects.
- Collaborate and partner with cross functional business partners and global colleagues to identify and implement options to improve the quality of service delivery.
- Ensure adherence to company policies, procedures, SOX controls, government and/or legal requirements
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
To be successful in this role you have:
- Aspire to deliver an exceptional customer experience and process excellence.
- A focus on innovation and continuous improvement.
- Business Partnership, build relationships and trust, share ideas and work collaboratively.
- Knowledge of P2P practices across all systems.
- Superb attention to details and accuracy.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, an inquisitive mind, and the ability to work effectively with multiple, cross-functional stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills and a critical thinker; must have the ability to use excellent judgment and resolve issues with dexterity and effective decision making.
- Excellent communications skills: written, verbal, and presentation
- Results oriented: the ideal candidate is results-driven and must thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to operate successfully across diverse geographical locations and cultures.
- High level of self-motivation, leadership, and a positive attitude.
- Bachelor's Degree and 5+ Years experience in a similar role, will consider level of experience in lieu of degree
- Extensive knowledge of SAP or other Tier 1 ERP system, required
- Knowledge of P2P functions, general accounting practices, and SOX requirements required.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft tools (Excel, Outlook, Word, Visio, PowerPoint) required.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- SAP, VIM and Ariba
- Case Management
- Experience working in a multinational or global Finance organization
- Experience in software industry a plus
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site .
Work personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in Office
A required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
A remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.