Consulting Director - Remote - Pacific Time at Nexient
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:55 p.m. (CST) on Saturday, June 18, 2022
About your future team
Nexient is on a mission: To rid the world of crappy software, one sprint at a time.
Every day, our 1000+ Agile developers, designers, and strategists empower each other to find passion in our work while we innovate the world. This culture of teamwork and curiosity is fueled by a product-minded approach to our work, crafting extraordinary custom software solutions and growing careers along the way.
Our clients range from some of America’s favorite brands in retail, healthcare, financial services to fast-emerging disruptors – You might have read about us in the NY Times. We’re also recognized as a Gartner Cool Vendor, HFS Hot Vendor, and America’s leading 100% U.S. Agile software services partner.
If you’re looking to change the trajectory of your career, make an impact on Day One, develop custom software on the best technology around – and maybe even make people’s lives easier -- then you belong here, with us.
*Please note: This is a fully remote position but will require working with clients in the Pacific Time Zone.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Act as a day-to-day lead for Nexient’s strategic accounts and projects, providing overall delivery and account management services. Serves as primary contact and escalation point for clients
- Proactively mitigates high impact engagement and account risks to prevent them from developing into larger issues for a client
- Capable of stepping into the role of Project Manager, Scrum Master, Release Train Engineer as needed on client account
- Work with Client Partners to drive and lead account expansion opportunities from opportunity identification, upsell, cross-sell, qualification and closing of additional revenue opportunities
- Work with Client Partners to identify team member requirements, coordinate with Product Experience and Engineering Practices to identify available internal team members and coordinate hiring with Nexient Talent Acquisition for any additional needs
- Follow industry trends across diverse businesses/markets and contribute to Nexient/Client's knowledgebase
- Partner with Product, Engineering and Architecture to proactively identify opportunities to improve efficiencies and effectiveness on client engagements
- Comfortable working with and influencing up and down the client’s organization, including the company’s most senior leaders
- Demonstrate experience navigating a large organization, showcasing the ability to influence with storytelling and data
- Maintain client/partner relationships and demonstrate expertise in leading/overseeing projects to ensure successful outcomes
- Ability to independently handle difficult and high-tension situations comfortably within Nexient and with client teams and executives
- Partner with clients to plan, evolve, and formulate a customer-focused agile transformation strategy using our Pragmatic Agile approach, inclusive of people, process and product
- Perform scoping and provide estimates, and facilitate budget planning for value-based digital business transformation engagements
- Work with Client partners to prepare / present the QBRs & MBRs
- Collaborate with Nexient practices (PE & Engineering) and share knowledge of building business and relationships with clients
- 10+ years of industry/consulting experience with a focus in the Agile environment
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills to audiences of all levels, including client-facing skills
- Experience in developing new sales opportunities and converting them into accounts by participating in pre-sales, Proposal preparation and presentation activities
- Experience in day-to-day management of projects, providing overall delivery and serving as primary contact for escalations
- Demonstrated experience in showing high EQ (empathy, self-awareness, motivation, self-regulation and social skills) across Nexient and the client
- Proven experience in understanding business context and providing value-added outcomes
- Experience in understanding technology and industry trends and ability to recommend relevant solutions to clients
As a vital member of our Product Experience Practice, you will be part of one of our 100+ small cross-functional teams working side by side with some of the most talented developers, UX designers, analysts, quality engineers, and product managers out there.
From Silicon Valley to Ann Arbor, Columbus, and beyond – a career with Nexient will offer you:
Remote, hybrid, or onsite opportunities: Here, you decide the work arrangement that best suits your needs and preferences.
Fulfilling and challenging projects: You will be exposed to different scenarios, multiple types of clients, and the most complex business and technology initiatives.
Access to the most cutting-edge technologies: You’re always going to be advancing your skillset by learning and working with the newest and most relevant technologies available out there.
A positive and passionate culture: Boring and divided aren’t in our vocabulary. In fact, it’s amazing to see how, despite our exponential growth, the Nexient culture and community stay as warm, diverse, and close as ever.
Plenty of opportunities for you to explore and grow: We will empower you to dream as big as you want and support you to make your career what YOU want it to be.
Creative runway: We take pride in encouraging our people to question the status quo.
Our benefits program includes:
· Medical, dental, and vision coverage
· Generous PTO, plus holidays
· 401(k) plan
· Life insurance and short-term & long-term disability
· Maternity leave
· Employee Assistance Program
· Flexible spending accounts
· Health savings account
Nexient is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer. At Nexient, your uniqueness makes us better. Your uniqueness is why you are valued, you are heard, you add to our culture, and you belong. Diversity & Inclusion is hardcoded into our DNA and at the core of everything we do. Together, not separately, we strive to become even more diverse to help fuel our innovation and connect us closer with the clients and communities we serve.
More Information on Nexient
Nexient operates in the Information Technology industry. The company is located in Newark, CA, Kokomo, IN, Dublin, OH and Ann Arbor, MI. Nexient was founded in 2009. It has 728 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 96 open jobs at Nexient, click here.
Read Full Job Description