Crisis Text Line provides free, 24/7, high-quality text-based mental health support and crisis intervention by empowering a community of trained volunteers to support people in their moments of need.
Our mission is at the intersection of empathy and innovation — we promote mental well-being for people wherever they are.
Our vision is an empathetic world where nobody feels alone.
Our core values are connected with empathy, center equity, get it done together, and reflect and evolve, these four are at the heart of all we do.
Students are hurting and are advocating for mental health resources like ours. As Community Partnerships Coordinator, you’ll build out our partnerships with Universities so we can meet students where they are. You’ll be responsible for finding new ways to leverage these partnerships for financial sustainability as well as volunteer recruitment. You’ll put equity at the center of our work by pursuing partnerships that serve vulnerable and marginalized communities. You will have the opportunity to influence funding strategy at a fast-paced and growing non-profit that merges tech with mental health services.Core Competencies:
- Owning Outcomes:
- Can be counted on to reach fundraising and partnership goals
- Prioritize partnership opportunities for impact (financial or equity)
- Problem Solver:
- Handles shifting priorities smoothly
- Thinks outside the box
- Collaboration & communication:
- Form cross-team discussions on joint initiatives
- Proficient at relationship building communications
- Takes ownership of finding opportunities to improve
- Communication (oral, written, and visual aspects of presentation)
- Collaboration (balances individual goals with organizational goals, doesn't get flustered when asked questions)
- Relationship Building (keeps relationships warm, demonstrate value of partnership throughout lifecycle )
- Own Education partnerships from pitching to contract negotiations to launch
- Develop a strategy for, create and work against a pipeline of potential partners in the education space—especially Universities—prioritizing systems with high-volume potential and those that serve vulnerable communities.
- Run point on all negotiations, contracts, invoicing, and upselling where appropriate.
- Educate partners about our data trends and onboard them to our partner dashboards.
- Vet overall community inbound partnership opportunities for the potential to drive substantial impact with texters and support for vulnerable and marginalized communities.
- Surface best practices for partners by brainstorming specific use cases, and analyzing data to identify trends that can help us iterate on our partnerships.
- Collaborate cross-functionally on initiatives such as recruitment
- Leverage Salesforce NPSP to track fundraising goals, partner needs, and contract renewals.
- Engage existing Nonprofit and Government partners through ongoing communications with a focus on delivering value, driving volume in a meaningful way, and creating a safe and inclusive service for all.
- Write and send monthly newsletters and individualized data digests.
- Foster collaboration among partners, helping them learn best practices from each other.
- Share organizational statements and campaigns in a timely manner.
- Assist as we navigate strategic government and nonprofit opportunities.
- 2+ years of experience in partnership management or business development
- Superior relationship management skills
- Ability to identify value and risks in partnership opportunities to reach strategic goals
- A flexible approach to work, with the ability to pivot directions quickly.
- BA/BS required or equivalent experience
Crisis Text Line employee benefits are thoughtfully designed using an equity lens, acknowledging that we are all unique human beings with individual life circumstances that require flexibility and support.
- 20 paid holidays including:
- Federal holidays like Juneteenth and Labor Day
- Election day
- Holiday break from Dec 24 through January 1
- 2 renewal days
- 2 floating holidays
- Flexible paid time off, including:
- 15 vacation days
- 3 personal days
- 7 sick days
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits for the staff member and family at no cost to the employee
- 403B retirement plan (the nonprofit equivalent of a 401K): 3% contribution by Crisis Text Line to support building financial wellness, regardless of personal contribution
- 12 weeks paid parental leave (after 6 months of employment)
- Student loan repayment (after 2 years of continuous full time service)
- Family support through a virtual childcare platform
- Mental health (Monthly)
- Internet Service (Monthly)
- Professional Development (Annual)
- Wellness (Annual)
- Home office setup (One time/First year)