Rightway is the leader in driving healthcare value for everyone, everywhere. Its care navigation and PBM platforms guide over one million members to the highest-quality care and optimal medication by inserting clinicians and pharmacists into the member care journey through a modern, mobile app. Powerful technology enables one-on-one clinical guidance at a fraction of the cost of traditional care navigation solutions, reducing healthcare costs by 15%. Its transparent PBM is the first to deliver fully aligned, pass-through pricing and personalized clinical management, transforming the member experience and lowering employer pharmacy spend by 18%. Companies choose Rightway for its ability to reimagine the consumer experience, drive industry-leading engagement, and decrease healthcare costs.
Rightway believes in the strength of diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As such, we actively seek a diverse talent pool and actively foster an inclusive, collaborative culture that celebrates differences and recognizes them for driving the business forward. We are committed to equal opportunity and fairness regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, nation of origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, country of citizenship, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, family status, family care status, military or veteran status or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.
Rightway was last valued at $1.1bn and has raised over $130mm in financing from investors including Khosla Ventures, Thrive Capital, Tiger Global, and others.
At Rightway we are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We hire the best talent and actively seek diversity of thought processes, beliefs, background, and education. Rightway fosters an inclusive culture where differences are celebrated to drive the best business decisions possible.
We are committed to equal opportunity and fairness regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, nation of origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, country of citizenship, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, family status, family care status, military or veteran status or any other basis protected by local, state or federal laws.
As a Rightway Client Implementation Lead (CIL), you’ll be a part of a high-energy team of implementation leaders driving a best-in-class onboarding experience for our clients. You’ll collaborate on a day-to-day basis with concurrent internal and external cross-functional project teams to surpass the goals of our clients. The CIL role is crucial to building trust with our clients and therefore our members through flawless execution and knowledge of Rightway products. Your experience implementing clients will be valuable in helping Rightway make optimal business decisions.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Serve as the internal and external primary point of contact during the implementation process through regularly scheduled client meetings to quarterback all project deliverables in an organized manner.
- Lead new client partnership, TPA, and employer group client implementation process, including leading client, consultant/broker, and data partner meetings to gather and document requirements for internal and external teams.
- Lead concurrent client onboardings through Rightway’s Sales and Partnership channels using Rightway’s implementation framework and assets.
- Manage member transition and member engagement strategy with internal and external stakeholders. Partner with client and Rightway Member Marketing to rollout an optimal member communication plan.
- Ensure operational and technology readiness for launch by coordinating with internal and external stakeholders to obtain readiness signoff.
- Monitor launch activity to identify any potential issues and develop rapid response plans to implement solutions and remediation efforts.
- Identify areas to optimize Rightway’s onboarding strategy and methodology to ensure a best-in-class implementation experience for our clients.
- Identify project risks and mitigation strategies and communicate to the appropriate stakeholders.
- Develop and maintains standard operating procedures and assets to support the training of new and junior team members.
- Ensure contractual, regulatory, and privacy requirements are consistently met for Rightway and our clients.
- Partner with Sales to ensure active RFPs, RFP libraries, and contracts are current with services and commitments implemented.
- Manage internal strategic projects and current client projects, including leading stakeholder meetings to gather/document requirements, develop project plans, track tasks, track risks/issues, and create status reports for various internal and external audiences.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You’re excited about healthcare and having a positive impact in the space.
- You have a pioneer spirit. You are not afraid to pave a new path and bring others along with you.
- You’re a top-notch communicator. You have a knack for learning new things and championing them with clients throughout the onboarding process.
- Has working knowledge of the health technology space, including mobile/desktop applications, wellness programs, and employer-sponsored benefit programs. PBM (Pharmacy Benefit Management) experience is a bonus.
- Education level: Bachelor’s degree required, CPhT certification and PMP certification is a bonus.
- Professional experience: 3-5 years of experience as an implementation manager or similar project management and client-facing role within a digital health technology environment.
- Location information: Remote. Looking for highly qualified candidates with demonstrated ability to work in remote environments. May require occasional travel to Denver or New York City offices.
- Core working hours are weekdays between 8 am and 6 pm ET, but the nature of the role will require weekend and holiday hours during client launches.
- Important characteristics of ideal candidate: Detail-oriented, critical thinker, client management skills, ability to dig deep in understanding an issue to get to true root cause and resolution, desire to improve the client and member experience, ability to connect the dots across various departments and processes to identify implications of requirements or issues to other areas of the company. Willingness to optimize the process.
- Specific skills needed for the job: Project management, active listening, organization, the ability to multitask and prioritize work, ability to work reasonably independently, presentation and communication skills (written and verbal), and ability to perform intermediate data analysis.
HOW WE LIVE OUR VALUES:
We’re seeking those with passion for healthcare and relentless devotion to our goal. We need team members who will:
- Paint the back of the fence
We look for people that take pride in producing excellent work – whether or not it’s seen. We empower each employee to operate with an “ownership” mentality and trust that they will produce exceptional results.
- Execute with empathy
We practice compassionate empathy in every interaction. Our team is focused on humanizing the healthcare experience and treats our workplace no differently.
- Struggle once to solve twice
We value ingenuity. We encourage our team to think about scalable solutions that will allow Rightway to execute well today and even better tomorrow.
- Compound your pennies
We recognize that small decisions can drive outsized returns. We love when our team makes impactful, incremental advances, especially if they believe it will drive a million-dollar return.
- It’s a great day for a great day
We remind ourselves each and every day that we’re fortunate to be changing the healthcare system for the better. We view it as a duty to perform our roles with unbounded optimism and best-in-class execution, given how lucky we are.
Rightway is a healthcare company looking to improve healthcare outcomes for everyone, everywhere. With that in mind, we have to consider what is good for the health of our team, the company, and the communities we operate in. As such, Rightway has determined a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all employees, in combination with other safety precautions, is the best way forward.
Rightway is PROUDLY an Equal Opportunity Employer that believes in strength in the diversity of thought processes, beliefs, background and education and fosters an inclusive culture where differences are celebrated to drive the best business decisions possible. We do not discriminate on any basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the consideration of merit, qualifications, need, and performance.