Billing Resolution Specialist at Horace Mann (Washington DC)
The Billing Resolution Specialist will evaluate and take action on billing inquiries and payments from Clients, Agents, School Payroll Administrators and third parties within acceptable standards and ensure premiums and contract deposits are processed and applied accurately and timely meeting all compliance standards and business rules.
- Review, evaluate, and process change requests and premium receivables at a policy or group level for a large range of business within P&C, L&R or Supplemental
- Recommend solutions for process improvements
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with clients, agents, and internal business partners.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work effectively in fast-paced environment.
- Willing to be flexible and adapt quickly to change to meet day-to-day business needs.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent years of experience
- 2+ years of billing and insurance experience preferred
- 2+ years of computer processing, clerical experience
- 2+ years of Customer Service and frontline experience
Horace Mann was founded in 1945 by two Springfield, Illinois, teachers who saw a need for quality, affordable auto insurance for teachers. Since then, we’ve broadened our mission to helping all educators protect what they have today and prepare for a successful tomorrow. And with our broadened mission has come corporate growth: We serve more than 4,100 school districts nationwide, we’re publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol: HMN) and we have more than $12 billion in assets.
We’re motivated by the fact that educators take care of our children’s future, and we believe they deserve someone to look after theirs. We help educators identify their financial goals and develop plans to achieve them. This includes insurance to protect what they have today and financial products to help them prepare for their future. Our tailored offerings include special rates and benefits for educators.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status
For applicants that are California residents, please review our California Consumer Privacy Notice