Bid Manager (Remote) at Rackspace Technology
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:40 a.m. (CST) on Tuesday, February 22, 2022
The Bid Manager will assemble a bid team with the relevant service / product / business knowledge required to prepare a winning bid, whilst taking ownership of the end-to-end bid process. The Bid Manager will typically be responsible for managing an opportunity from bid qualification through to contract award, including proposition development, solution review, commercial considerations, partner engagement and risk management. Responsibilities include introduction and following and running of all necessary bid procedures, governance and processes. This is a highly networked role that requires an ability to work under pressure and to challenging deadlines. It will require strong people management and commercial skills.
- To manage the bid qualification (bid go / no go) process for new opportunities
- Manage virtual bid teams and inputs from a variety of stakeholders, typically involving contributions from sales, architecture, product teams, finance, commercial, legal and delivery
- Preparing and reviewing the commercial aspects of the bid, ensuring all services are included in the final price to the customer
- Risk tracking and management throughout the bid process
- Contributing to the written proposal - both in terms of content and presentation (such as preparation of a management summary)
- Ensure timely delivery of compliant and commercially sound bids
- Understand and resolve complex technical, strategic and bid related issues with the specialist team involved
- Arrange all post bid reviews with customers, post contract award
- Must be an excellent communicator
- Proven capability in delivering winning product or complex services opportunities. Ideally has a background in solutions and services and experience of bid campaign management from opportunity identification through to project delivery, and will provide valuable input into opportunity qualification, win strategies, commercial discussions and solution design
- Must be comfortable working at Director Level (internal and external customers). Will be fully conversant with the competitive marketplace
- Sound commercial understanding, P&L and risk management skills
- Should have the ability to manage complex, multi-worksteam opportunities
- Solid understanding and implementation of internal governance procedures
About Rackspace Technology
We are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world’s leading technologies — across applications, data and security — to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future.
More on Rackspace Technology
Though we’re all different, Rackers thrive through our connection to a central goal: to be a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission. We bring our whole selves to work every day. And we embrace the notion that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers and communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
More Information on Rackspace Technology
Rackspace Technology operates in the Cloud industry. The company is located in San Antonio, TX and San Antonio, TX. Rackspace Technology was founded in 1998. It has 7509 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 239 open jobs at Rackspace Technology, click here.
Read Full Job Description