Does being at the forefront of building the first national fair-for-all marketplace which is good for restaurants, good for diners, and good for our community excite you? If so, then please read on!
We are looking for an analytical, strategic and highly-organized Operations Associate to help scale ChowNow’s Marketplace product. If you enjoy data analysis, working with fast-paced, cross-functional teams and have a high attention to detail, then we might have the perfect opportunity for you!
ChowNow is unique among tech startups in the restaurant space. We power branded online ordering systems for independent restaurants across North America – via websites, Google, Instagram, and through branded iOS and Android apps – and we do it all for a reasonable monthly fee regardless of order volume. We operate this way because of our belief in being fair, sustainable, and equitable with our restaurant partners. And the same goes for our workplace.
Diversity, teamwork, and mutual respect are among our core company values. And we pride ourselves on giving our teams plenty of opportunities to make their mark. To date we’ve created over 20,000 apps for our restaurant partners – something that’s never been done before in our category. And as we expand to new markets, further spreading the word about the ChowNow difference, those opportunities to create, build, and grow will only increase. If this sounds like the kind of workplace, and the kind of mission, that appeals to you, we’d love to talk.
Together we can preserve neighborhood flavor, one restaurant at a time.
About the Position:
As the Marketplace Operations Associate, you will bring your strong communication skills, high level of organization and your data analysis proficiency to this fast-paced, KPI-focused role. Working closely with the Data & Analytics, Finance, and Marketplace Operations teams, your days will be spent building out and maintaining our reporting, keeping track of our KPIs, building analyses, and using both internal and third-party data to help drive our short and long-term Monetization strategy.
This is a unique opportunity to work at the intersection of various teams and to be an integral part of creating a sustainable business out of our growth product. You will gain immense operational and data knowledge, and first-hand experience of the restaurant and technology industries.
Your success will be measured by your ability to efficiently report on key metrics, use data to identify improvements and opportunities, and streamline internal operation processes.
This is a remote position based in one of our employee hubs of Los Angeles, San Francisco, Austin, Atlanta, NYC, Kansas City, or Chicago which reports to the Marketplace Monetization and Strategy Manager. No Direct Reports.
Within 30 days, You’ll:
- Complete your ChowNow new hire onboarding (Ramp Camp) and learn the ins and outs of ChowNow and our products
- Shadow team members of various departments you will be working with for an in depth look into how each team plays their part
- Get used to our internal systems and tools such as SFDC, Tableau, Snowflake, Google Suite.
Within 60 days, You’ll:
- Be in weekly meetings with BizOps, Sales, Finance, Product, and Data Science
- Create models/analyses based on third party research and internal data
- Build out high-level reporting for marketplace
- Understand how the delivery market is trending and form opinions on how we can optimize our customers’ experience
Within 90 days, You’ll:
- Create models, analyses, memos on how the marketplace can improve
- Help drive critical financial metrics like revenue, costs, and LTV / CAC through analysis
- Own reporting for monetization as well as other KPIs and objectives for Marketplace Leadership
- Be fully comfortable with our internal tools and be able to audit SQL reports
You Should Apply If:
- You have 2+ years of experience working in a high-pace environment such as operations or data analysis.
- You have a proven track record of multi-tasking and project management.
- You are extremely detail-oriented, highly analytical, open to feedback, and thrive in a team environment
- You enjoy being scrappy, crunching numbers, and working with multiple teams to solve one unique problem
- You are genuinely interested in growing your career in a fast paced, goal oriented position within the restaurant and technology industries.
- You are able to hold yourself accountable to your personal goals, while maintaining a work hard, professional, and positive outlook
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Data Reporting & must be open to learning SQL.
- Marketplace experience is a plus.
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities.
- A "Best Place to Work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience.
- A remote first culture and monthly stipend offering flexibility to work where you want and how you want.
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans.
- Mental Health Coverage - we offer several programs to support your mental health and wellness goals.
- 3 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- 7 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents (within the first year of birth or adoption), 8 Weeks of Paid Pregnancy Leave.
- 401(k) Matching
- Employer-contributing student loan assistance program.
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool).
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan.
- Pet insurance for your fur babies
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series.
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion).
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly.
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable.
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap.
ChowNow takes the health and safety of our team seriously and requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to starting work. We strongly believe that this is the best way to protect our employees, families, clients, and communities. All requests for accommodations will be considered.
As one of ChowNow’s core values, “Celebrates Diversity”, we are committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment. ChowNow is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status. We are committed to developing a barrier-free recruitment process and work environment, if you require any accommodation, please email us at [email protected] and we’ll work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Read here about your California privacy rights.