2022 MBA Accelerated Operations Leadership Program at Chewy
A full-time MBA Accelerated Leadership Program that begins each July 2022. Applying for this role will consider you for all Chewy locations.
The Accelerated Leadership Program is a 3 year development program intended to rapidly progress talented MBA graduates with the skills required to be future Chewy General Managers, Directors, Sr. Directors and VP’s. In this program you help to orchestrate your career within Operations and beyond. This role provides a high level of exposure to Sr. Leaders in fulfillment and is at the forefront of the company operating initiatives.
Our Fulfillment Operations leaders are critical in executing fast paced, high volume operations to ensure Chewy is taking care of the people who take care of pets.
What to Expect:
Accelerated Leadership Program graduates may lead organizations of nearly 5,000 individuals, have financial responsibility for labor in excess of 5 million per week, and have oversight of over $70 M in capital projects. The following is a brief overview of this accelerated track to executive leadership:
Step 1:Start your operations career by immersing yourself in the front line acting in the capacity of an Area Manager to learn the ins and outs of the operation first hand. You will build on your leadership acumen by managing and directing 45-100 team members in one of our fulfillment centers. As part of this role, you will drive continuous improvement initiatives utilizing Lean Principles and analytics to deliver step level changes to safety, quality and cost for the organization.
Step 2: Progress to the Operations Manager role and gain experience leading other managers and teams of 300-500 team members. Drive operational process improvements by working cross- functionally with engineering and technology teams across Chewy. You will operate at depth, diving deep into data analytics and provide challenging, workable business solutions.
Step 3: Promote to Senior Manager position where you will lead through others to execute on regional and or network initiatives. Leaders will also have an opportunity to move into highly sought-after roles in Supply Chain, Transportation and Technology to further their own growth while relentlessly driving the business. Emerge as a leader known for operating and depth and delivering results.
What You'll Do:
- Lead the pack by:
- Inspiring performance and managing a large team
- Caring for customers and team members exceptionally
- Driving for results while thriving in ambiguity
- Promoting innovation and big scale thinking
- Imagining the art of the possible and influencing decision making
- Assisting with design, development and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses and solving problem at their root cause
What You'll Need:
- Master of Business Administration, Supply Chain Management or related program from an accredited university graduating between December 2021- June 2022.
- 2+ years of work experience in operations, supply chain, engineering, retail, manufacturing, or military service.
- This position is demanding; hours may fluctuate with seasons and changing environments.
- Expect to work weekends, holidays, and/or overnight shifts with anticipated overtime.
- Stand/walk during shifts lasting up to 12 hours.
- Must be able to lift up to 49 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to deliver results independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to openly debate with courage and fully commit once aligned.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact [email protected]