Sr. Marketing Manager, Head of Strategic Partnerships at Capital One (Richmond, VA)
Sr. Marketing Manager, Head of Strategic Partnerships
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
The Business Cards & Payments Brand & Insights team is a passionate and entrepreneurial team of brand marketing and insight strategists focused on cultivating the Capital One Business brand in the hearts and minds of business owners, who are both our prospective and existing customers.
The Head of Strategic Partnerships will drive the strategy and team's mission to build differentiated partnerships that unlock the potential of Capital One Business' strategic relationships to drive growth and innovation for our brand. This leader will be responsible for maintaining and growing our portfolio that allows us to build credibility with SMBs while also expanding our reach through new audience creation. This is an excellent opportunity for a self-motivated individual who is interested in developing general management and business development skill sets and working with some of the world's leading companies in an environment where innovation and new thinking is highly valued and encouraged.
- Set the strategy for the next evolution of the Partnership Strategy
- Manage the team, ensuring successful day to day operation of the current strategic partnerships. Support team to ensure each partner strategy is driving the highest priority outcomes for the business
- Develop a deep understanding of our current partners and work with your team to identify new opportunities to deepen the relationship and its benefit back to Capital One Business
- Support the development of new growth opportunities from conception through ideation, business case development and execution
- Build excellent relationships with a range of stakeholders across Capital One who are critical to the success of the partnerships and work closely with them to meet business objectives and deliver on key outcomes
Here's what you'll need to be successful:
- A big and bold strategic leader - ability to creatively craft strategies to achieve expansive business strategies
- Ability to lead a team in a highly dynamic, fast-paced and ambiguous space
- Experience leading a team to drive complex strategic projects with many stakeholders
- Experience working with partners to identify win/win opportunities and drive growth
- Experience developing integrated GTM marketing strategies across a variety of channels
- Strong financial and analytical acumen; ability to translate data into insight
- Natural collaborator and excellent influencer who enjoys working with and through others to drive the success of a team
The Big Three
- Whole Brained - equally analytical and creative, and deftly employing both skills to deliver bold programs that deliver substantive outcomes
- Fearless Leadership - highly-disciplined self-starter with a strong POV who can positively, effectively lead themselves and others, often in ambiguous and/or new territory
- Collaboration & Influence - ability to productively partner with a wide variety of teams across the organization to advance our Business Cards & Payments goals and connect marketing activities to the underlying business strategy
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 8 years of experience in brand marketing and partnership management
- MBA or graduate degree with marketing coursework in Market Research, Marketing, Sociology, Psychology or Behavioral Economics
- 7+ years of experience in B2B marketing
- 6+ years of experience leading cross-functional teams in a matrixed environment
- 3+ years of experience working with leadership and clients across multiple geographic locations
- 3+ years of experience in Financial Services
- 3+ years of experience in agency or other client-facing roles collaborating with external partners
- 2+ years of experience in Technology
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
Location is New York City: $172,900 - $197,300 for Sr. Manager, Marketing
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter.
This role is also eligible to earn performance based incentive compensation, which may include cash bonus(es) and/or long term incentives (LTI). Incentives could be discretionary or non discretionary depending on the plan.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at [email protected] . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).