Sr. Director Corporate Communications & Public Relations at Munchkin, Inc. (Los Angeles, CA)
Who We Are
Munchkin is one of the most innovative and fast-growing consumer product companies in the world! With over 320+ patents under our belt, we continue to create solutions that leave our customers asking, "how did I ever live without this?" Recognized as #8 on America's Most Innovative Companies list by Fortune Magazine, innovation is the core of our company DNA and has been driving our designs for 30 years!
Founded in 1990, Munchkin has sold billions of dollars of products through our key retail partners: Target, Walmart and Amazon and has global distribution in over 50 countries. We are industry leaders in design and innovation with over 140 international product and brand design awards in the past 5 years and growing!
We lead with our core values and believe that investing in the community is our responsibility. We create opportunities for every child's potential and well-being through the Radiant Colors program, work to create a sustainable future, and in partnership with the International Fund for Animal welfare have committed to animal conservation.
After 30 years of being a leader in the baby industry, Munchkin is growing up and expanding our business reach to even more consumers with the launch of Curio, a highly curated line of home goods inspired by curiosity.
There is no better time than now to join Munchkin as we embark on our next and biggest growth journey moving us into technology focused, higher valued products, and household consumer goods. Munchkin is growing up and you could be the next influential leader to play a key role in driving enormous customer-centered value and rapid growth.
What You'll Do
We are looking for an experienced and passionate storyteller with proven innovative brand building strategy skills to lead Munchkin and Curio's Corporate Communications, Public Relations and Social Media functions to increase brand awareness and drive growth.
- Plan and execute Munchkin and Curio's media strategy
- Oversee PR Team in the development and execution of strategic PR campaigns with the goal of increasing brand awareness
- Develop a strong working knowledge of the business including products, key trends, and sales needs/priorities to inform the PR strategy
- Communicate priorities and proactively manage external PR agencies to maximize media coverage for Munchkin and Curio
- Collaborate with cross-functional departments such as Marketing, Sales, Product Management to respond to media inquiries and develop compelling content for media outreach and social posts
- Expand new media contacts and maintain established relationships with consumer and trade press via press releases and frequent outreach to gain coverage of new and existing products
- Oversee all communication touch points including: press releases, press previews, create news collection alerts and draft day-to-day pitches for market and brand stories
- Write and distribute releases as part of new product launches and efforts to promote products, promotions, company announcements, etc.
- Develop and oversee the Media Relations and Social Media budget
- Manage crisis communications and respond to sensitive industry and company issues to maintain media trust, while keeping the appropriate profile
- Coordinate media events and other opportunities designed to generate media exposure
- Prepare talking points and speeches for executives and spokespeople for media interviews and events as required
- Oversee execution and lead a team on strategy and management of Curio and Munchkin social media platforms globally
- Maintain regular reporting on press activity and evaluate effectiveness. Distribute clips to relevant stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Other duties may be assigned
- Minimum 10 years' experience in managing/launching integrated marketing and communications programs for a new brand. Consumer product industry experience preferred.
- Expert understanding of social trends and platforms
- Experience building and leading teams and demonstrated people management skills
- Proven track record building consumer brands in social medial
- Expertise in social data analysis and measuring and reporting ROI to senior leadership, delivering against measurable KPIs impactful to the business
- Global experience is highly preferred
- Analytical skill and the ability to use digital tools to find actionable insights through data
- A collaborative nature with finesse in developing relationships cross-functionally
- A strong track record working with top tier press
- Meaningful experience with agency/vendor management
- Must have excellent skills in writing press releases and all content that demonstrates a clear and consistent brand voice
We Got You Covered!
As a Great Place to Work Certified™ company, we are committed to offering the best to our employees. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, vision, dental, prescription drug coverage, life insurance, wellness benefits, generous employer-matched 401(k) plan, Paid Childcare Leave, among other benefit plans. Our total rewards are top of market and includes competitive salary, bonus and opportunities to earn equity. We focus on supporting employee development and growth.
We regularly hold social functions to foster a genuine camaraderie that enhances teamwork. At our company-wide award functions, we take time to recognize the talent and dedication of the people who make Munchkin the most loved baby lifestyle brand in the world.
To give our people flexibility, we offer hybrid work environment. Munchkin's Hybrid Schedule is where an employee works in the office on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday, and remotely from home on Tuesday and Friday.We also provide annual weeklong global office closures giving our people a chance to recharge.
Salary range: $175,000-$200,000
To learn more, visit us at www.munchkin.com .
Munchkin welcomes and values what makes everyone unique. We're proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All hires to our team are based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We recruit, employ, train and promote regardless of race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other protected status.
Applicant Privacy Statement