When you join Ancestry, you join a human-centered company where every person’s story is important. We believe that by discovering the struggles and triumphs of our past, we can foster deeper bonds and more meaningful connections among families and communities. Our talented team of scientists, engineers, genealogists, historians, and storytellers is dedicated to empowering customers around the world from all backgrounds on their journeys of personal discovery.
With more than 30+ billion digitized global historical records, 100+ million family trees, and 20+ million people in our growing AncestryDNA database, Ancestry helps customers discover their family story and gain a new level of understanding about their lives. Passionate about dedicating your work to enriching people’s lives? You belong at Ancestry.
The Marketing Manager, International Conversion is part of the Conversion Marketing team and is responsible for improving and optimizing the user experience at each step in the conversion funnel with the end goal of maximizing revenue from visitors in each of Ancestry’s key global markets.
The Marketing Conversion team is part of the larger Marketing team, an extremely collaborative and innovative group. We are seeking an energetic, passionate, and personable team member with the ability to see the big picture as well as the small details, make proper trade offs, and continue to evolve our marketing strategies to meet aggressive goals. The candidate must have the ability to work under tight deadlines and deliver results under pressure.
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of a combination of consumer marketing and digital marketing experience in an e-commerce or online services company is required. Subscription-based business model is highly desirable.
- Experience executing A/B and MVT tests online, including ideation, execution, and reporting.
- The ideal candidate will have some technical know-how on building and modifying web pages and a good understanding of how A/B testing and web analytics tools work.
- Proven experience of delivering both improvements in conversion metrics within an ecommerce business as well as ongoing optimization.
- Demonstrable track record of leading strategy and driving execution. This requires strong communication, organizational and project management skills
- Experience of testing on high volume entry pages, offer pages and sign-up flows, with focus on improving conversion at each step to maximizing revenue
- Exceptional communication skills: must be able to articulate a clear, persuasive argument verbally and in writing
- Strong presentation and PowerPoint skills
- Strongly analytical: must be able to synthesize information from various sources and draw meaningful conclusions
- Superior ability to build strong relationships of trust across the organization
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or communications or related experience
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. In addition, Ancestry will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
More Information on Ancestry
Ancestry operates in the Other industry. The company is located in Lehi, UT, Englewood, CO and San Francisco, CA. Ancestry was founded in 1983. It has 1725 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 72 open jobs at Ancestry, click here.
Read Full Job Description