The world has changed. Why hasn’t insurance?
Kin’s mission is to reimagine home insurance For Every New Normal. While other insurers struggle to handle a fast-changing world, Kin is built for the future and is prepared to meet its challenges head on while helping our customers do the same.
Kin is proud to be one of BuiltIn Chicago’s 2021 and 2022 Best Mid Sized Companies to work for, and Forbes 2021 Best Startup Employers in North America. Simply put, our people are what make us great, and we need forward-thinking, inspired game-changers like you to join us in our mission.
So, what’s the role?
The Email Marketing Manager, Lifecycle is key to Kin’s vision of a faster, easier, and more delightful insurance buying experience. You will thoughtfully segment customers, drive engagement with our products, and extend the value and retention of customers through post-purchase communication. You’ll partner with Product, Insurance, and Compliance teams to ensure our policyholders fully understand their insurance policies, and receive transparent, jargon-free communication driving customer satisfaction and retention.
This is a great opportunity to build and own a function that will have a direct and significant impact on company revenue and growth. You will work very closely with our other Email Manager, who focuses on the Acquisition side of our business.
A day in the life could include:
- Testing, analyzing, and reporting results of email, SMS, and other communication campaigns
- Collaborating with our customer service team to proactively communicate with policyholders likely to encounter common pain points, improving customer experience and improving our service efficiency
- Working with our product and compliance teams to automate high-value policy communications across email, SMS, and direct mail, ensuring customers receive required documents and that Kin remains compliant with regulatory requirements
- Contributing to interdepartmental strategy sessions in preparation of new product launches
- Identifying opportunities to offer our partners’ products and services to Kin’s customers
- Collaborating with the customer service and engineering teams to troubleshoot interactions
- Creating a new, segmented communication strategy for our growing book of renewal business
I’ve got the skills… but do I have the necessary ones?
- 4+ years experience with email, SMS, and/or database and email marketing strategy and operations
- Passion for customer-centric marketing
- Ability to develop programs from scratch
- Data-focused approach
- Experience with marketing automation platforms
- Experience working at an agile, fast-paced growth-stage company is a plus
- Experience working in financial services or other regulated industries is preferred but not required
- Experience working in customer.io strongly preferred
Oh, and don’t worry, we’ve got you covered!
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance (including 100% employer-paid plans)
- Flexible PTO policy
- Very generous equity options and 401K
- Parental Leave
- Continuing education and professional development
- Disability and Life Insurance
- The excitement of joining a high-growth Insurtech company and seeing your work make an impact
In an industry that hasn't budged in more than 100 years, our technology transforms the user experience, cuts inefficiencies that waste billions of consumer dollars, and customizes coverage homeowners want. We believe insurance was always meant to be a digital product – we’re making that a reality.
Our approach to the industry makes us unique, and the people at Kin help us excel. We’re a team of problem solvers, collaborators, builders, and dreamers who are passionate about creating positive change in the lives of our customers and in our industry. Kin is more than just our name – it’s how we treat each other. That’s one of the many reasons we’ve been recognized as a great place to work by Built In, Forbes, and Fast Company.
Kin is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We don't just accept difference – we honor it, nurture it, and celebrate it. We don’t discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Kin encourages applications from all backgrounds, communities and industries, and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences and abilities.