Brand Manager at Balto (Remote)
A Little Bit About Us:
Balto was founded to redefine how humans and machines work together to optimize human communication, and we’re just scratching the surface. So If you're excited by the opportunity to join a dynamic team initiating a technological revolution in Real-Time Guidance, Balto is for you.
More than just a company, Balto is a community. A community committed to empowering each of our members and serving our community. This mission is at the heart of our organization. As a Brand Manager, you will ensure that Balto’s Real-Time Guidance AI SaaS products, services, and product lines resonate with current or prospective customers. In addition, you will monitor marketing trends and keep an eye on competitive companies in the marketplace so we can stay ahead of the competition.
Balto's Real-Time Guidance understands phone conversations and tells people what to say, live in their conversations. In 2018, Balto guided fewer than 1 million conversations; today, Balto has guided over 50 million conversations (we celebrated with cake). By the end of this year, Balto will guide over 200M conversations.
Real-time Guidance is a brand new product category, and Balto is leading the pack. We’re making sure that humans understand each other - the opportunities are endless.
Balto's customers, including name-brand retailers and Fortune 500s, use Balto's real-time guidance technology to scale "perfect" to thousands of sales and service agents with the push of a button and get immediate insight into what's working on their phone calls and what's not.
But enough about us, let’s talk about you!
Here’s What a Brand Manager Does
"Your brand is a story unfolding across all customer touchpoints."
-- Jonah Sachs
Your mission is to shape Balto’s outward image. You’ll need to uncover consumer insights and deliver innovative marketing campaigns to do that. We’ll turn to you to learn what can attract our customers and prospects and how we can improve customer experience.
If you’re creative, possess a strategic mind, and have experience implementing targeted brand campaigns, we’d like to meet you. Ultimately, you’ll help us improve our company’s reputation and drive growth.
So what does it take to fulfill this crucial role?
We are looking for an experienced Brand Manager to help us build our brand and raise brand awareness. You’ll work across all levels and departments of our organization to find what makes us unique and communicate it to the world.
What kind of responsibilities might you take on?
- Analyze brand positioning and consumer insights.
- Translate our brand into consistent, creative visual representations that drive people to convert into active sales cycles on digital platforms.
- Translate brand elements into plans and go-to-market strategies.
- Lead creative development to motivate the target audience to “take action.”
- Monitor market trends and research consumer markets while also tracking competitors’ activities.
- Oversee new and ongoing marketing and advertising activities.
- Monitor product distribution and consumer reactions.
- Devise innovative growth strategies.
- Align the company around the brand’s direction, choices, and tactics.
Skills & Requirements
- Skills with leading graphic software applications like Adobe Creative Suite, HTML, and other common creative digital tools.
- Proven working experience as a Brand and/or Creative Manager.
- Proven ability to develop brand and marketing strategies and communicate recommendations to executives.
- Experience in identifying target audiences and devising effective campaigns.
- Excellent understanding of the full marketing mix.
- Strong analytical skills partnered with a creative mind.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and marketing best practices.
- Degree in marketing or a related field.
We have plenty of benefits. Baltonians rave about these the most.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance to make quality healthcare affordable.
- Life insurance to protect your loved ones in the worst-case scenario.
- 401k to save for your retirement.
- Unlimited Paid Time Off and holidays, including five days of Civic Engagement PTO, to give you the flexibility to make relaxation, family, and community priorities.
- Generous stock options, so you can be a meaningful owner of the company as it grows.
- A quarterly professional development of stipend of $1,000 to inspire continuous professional growth. You can use it for nearly anything that makes you a better version of yourself - from chess lessons to college courses (this one is definitely a crowd-favorite).
Start with gratitude: Stay humble, recognize others, and make the most of everything.
Always be growing: Never stop learning. Be a force of growth for yourself and others.
Leadership is Ownership: See the problem. Do the solution. Own the result.
We have all kinds of people, including musicians, chefs, painters, gear heads, gardeners, philosophers, gamers, movie buffs, woodworkers, and polo players. And at least one aspiring hockey player...we’ll see.
You can read more about their experiences here and here.
Baltonians say things like:
- “Coming together as a team to build something innovative and unique.”
- “Contagious energy that keeps me motivated all day.”
- “I L-O-V-E it at Balto since day one! They know how to have fun while getting the work done.”
Is Balto named after that Cartoon Dog?
Well, kind of - that cartoon dog was actually named after a real dog. Balto successfully guided his pack through a harrowing journey across Nome, Alaska, in 1925 to deliver medicine to the ice-locked town. We liked the metaphor: our technology guides people to be successful throughout their conversations, scouting ahead and providing helpful support. Like in 1925, a human is still in charge, but humans (and dogs) are always better off with a companion.
Fun Fact: After his journey, Balto was recognized as a hero with a commemorative statue in Central Park. We’ve visited, and he looked like this.
Please share the role with your friends. Don’t worry. You won’t compete for the position; we’re happy to hire two (or more) candidates. The door is always open for great people.
Balto is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual preference, age, and veteran or disability status.