Ellevation is seeking managers for our Partner (Customer) Success team to build on the strong foundation the team has set and help guide and influence us to the next level! Ellevation’s Partner Success team is responsible for the initial onboarding of partners to our full suite of products, while also ensuring their long term success with Ellevation through planned support to meet the ever evolving educational landscape needs.
We are looking for a leader that has direct experience providing Partner Success to both mid range to large (Enterprise) customers. Our Success team continues to scale to meet the needs of partners and has begun to focus on services that scale while simultaneously not degrading the customer experience for our partners.
Our Partner Success team plays a key role within the company and for our partners. This team works directly with executive sponsors from the District to guide them through their initial implementation journey with Ellevation while keeping the vision of helping the district achieve their desired outcomes. The team continues to drive success for the life of the account.
We are looking for managers for both our West and East regions who have the passion for developing best-in-class customer success practices through the hiring and managing of the highest level of talent as well as leveraging previous knowledge and experience to implement new practices in an existing organization. You will lead by example, while also motivating, rewarding, and providing career development opportunities for your team. You are a problem-solver and will develop partnerships with internal teams to enable your team to continue to achieve the impact that is needed while also meeting and/or exceeding team KPIs.
First and foremost, you enjoy problem-solving, love technology, and describe yourself as resourceful and collaborative. You will have five or more years of experience in either education, education management, customer success and/or customer success management for a SaaS product.
- Lead, coach and develop a high performing team of Partner Success Managers to meet and exceed KPIs and business goals, support them to achieve personal performance goals, and also hiring top talent if the business needs arise
- Leverage data to scale the Partner Success Team focused on ensuring partners achieve desired outcomes and further define internal process enhancements through a culture of testing, learning, and iterating
- Implement new processes for customer onboarding for the customer segment where needed and further iterate on existing tools and procedures to more effectively meet our KPIs
- Manage day to day processes and act as point of escalation both internally and externally
- Maintain a deep knowledge of partner regions and ELL policy to support and guide the team to meet the needs of our diverse partner base
- Collaborate with teams across the organization: Product Marketing, Finance, Revenue, Product, and other Customer Success teams to ensure alignment, accuracy, and impact,
- Demonstrate active learning and apply relevant best practices to improve team performance
- Own Key Performance Indicators for assigned processes. Lead and participate in continuous improvement programs
- Provide advanced level support on complex and aging customer issues; ask as a point of escalation when necessary
- Maintain a small portfolio of accounts meeting company targets of Gross Retention and Net Retention
Within 1 month, you will:
- Onboard; begin to become an in-house expert on the Ellevation product and our customers
- Manage the team and begin to coach, mentor and build relationships with the team of Partner Success Managers achieving the high performance outcome and connection towards company expectations, personal performance goals, and activities
- Begin to assess current processes and structures as you build recommendations for scaling and possibility of enhancements to drive efficiencies
- Collaborate with teams across the organization: Product Marketing, Revenue, Product, and other Partner Success teams to ensure alignment, accuracy, and impact. Attend cross functional meetings to ensure critical information is transferred both into and out of the team
Within 3 months, you will:
- Facilitate quarterly individual growth (Insight) meetings focused on strengths and opportunities for individual team members
- Identify 2-3 process improvements to implement to further scale partner success work for the team and/or onboarding aligned to company KPIs
- Begin to become an in-house expert with the Partner Success tool making recommendations for additional recommendations to meet the needs for the customer segment
- Serve as the point of contact for internal escalations and be the point of contact for communication on incident communication
- Maintain and/or onboard portfolio of districts
Within 6 months, you will:
- Lead the team through our unique “Back to School” season focused on maintaining team morale, ensuring partners satisfaction remains high and helping the business achieve the goals
- Leverage inputs to determine forecasted needs of the team based on historical trend data
Within 12 months, you will:
- Be an expert on ELL policy for key important markets and easily understand how policy changes have short or long term implications that are clearly able to be articulated to various teams in the company
- Created systems and processes that allowed for the team to achieve and/or exceed identified company goals
About You - Interpersonal Skills
- Enjoy customer contact and ability to deliver exceptional customer service even during high-priority situations
- Outstanding verbal and written skills
About You - Technical Skills
- Experience with scaling processes
- Passionate about a customer-centric approach to service and support
- Ability to learn and become intimately familiar with our product so that you understand the way partners use our platform and can educate/mentor/coach them to achieve what they need using our platform
- Proven ability to gather and assess data to make informed, strategic decisions
- Prior experience with internal tools such as JIRA, Zendesk, Slack, Grafana, Salesforce, Splunk, and SFTP a plus
- Prior experience utilizing a Customer Success Tool like ChurnZero a plus
About You - Management Skills
- Strong project management skills including the ability to create structure in ambiguous environments, prioritize and manage time effectively, and rigorous attention to details
- Self-motivated, team-oriented, and focused on exceeding customer expectations
- Strong ability to multi-task and work under dynamic conditions and constraints with minimal supervision—a self-starter! (i.e. strong analytical, prioritization, time management)
- Previous experience managing a team is preferred. Experience managing a Customer Success team would be highly beneficial but not required.
At Ellevation, we develop world-class software to help educators serve the fastest growing population of K-12 students: English Learners (ELs). Ellevation helps school districts transform their Multilingual Learner programs and ensure all students can achieve their highest aspirations. Our product suite includes a best-in-class data and instructional planning platform, resources to build teacher capacity, and student-facing programs to teach academic language.
We are a fast-growing, mission-driven technology company partnering with over 1,200 school districts and more than 3 million current and former English Learners. Over the next five years, we plan to double the number of ELs we serve and drive measurable outcomes for students. Ellevation merged with Curriculum Associates in 2021 to accelerate impact for Multilingual Learners. Our company continues to operate independently and is well-capitalized to support our ambitious social and financial objectives.
In addition to our great benefits and competitive salaries, here are some things that make us unique:
+ Mission-driven organization where team members are empowered to make a significant impact
+ Opportunities to join DEIB-focused groups and support building a culture of belonging
+ Professional development and growth opportunities
+ Company and team offsites in various cities across the United States
+ Collaborative workspace in the heart of Boston - a stone's throw from many central T stops (Downtown Crossing, Government Center, and Aquarium). Free snacks, beverages, and local organic fruit provided
+ Remote and in-person engagement opportunities, including happy hours, themed events, and competitions + Remote and in-person wellness programming to support team’s mental and physical wellbeing
Learn more about our team in our Culture Deck.
Here at Ellevation, we champion diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging. We strive to build a team that reflects the diverse communities we serve. We are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values a range of ideas and opinions.
We believe in building a culture where productivity can flourish, one that is empathetic, respectful, and inclusive. We are proud to have been recognized in prior years as “Best Tech Workplace for Diversity” by the Timmy Awards for investing in training around inclusive behaviors, microaggressions, unconscious bias, and fostering a culture of continuous learning and feedback across the company. We are encouraged by our progress, but there’s more work to be done.
Additional Information: Ellevation operates under Curriculum Associates, LLC, an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.
Information that you provide when applying for employment with Curriculum Associates, LLC may be subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act. Click here for more information about our data-collection practices and your rights related to that data.