Vice President, Strategy and Global Policy Counsel at Circle (Remote)
Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 53+ billion in circulation and supported over $1.9+ trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Circle’s SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising and capital formation to startups and growth companies. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you’ll be responsible for:
As Vice President, Strategy and Global Policy, you will serve as the key leader and advisor on existing and emerging global policy and regulatory issues affecting blockchain-based financial services, as well as the company regulatory expansion efforts. You will also help drive company strategy efforts, through the design and implementation of digital asset experience centers for hands-on policy development through practice. You will serve as an integral internal leader and market-facing stakeholder advancing the perimeter of inclusive financial services, responsible financial services innovation and broad frameworks for protecting the integrity of the global financial system. As Vice President, Strategy and Global Policy, you will have a key role in ensuring the company is included in and responsive to all global policy and regulatory opportunities to advance our mission of raising global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value. This includes, helping drive public-private partnerships, open innovation, challenges and the formation of a rapid prototyping model that demonstrates the art of the possible with blockchain-based financial services.
What you'll work on:
- Drive company strategy, innovation and market expansion model through digital assets experience centers, rapid prototyping models and policy through practice opportunities globally.
- Serve as a key strategy leader driving competitive strategy, execution and long range competitive advantage.
- Engage with corporate development, ventures and Circle Impact colleagues aligning company time, talent and treasure to addressing discrete or generalizable challenges in programmable, composable, exquisite internet money.
- Establish frameworks for measurability and impact on broad strategy, global policy and business model innovation.
- Establish internal frameworks and multi stakeholder approaches to tracking, tracing and responding to all relevant consultations, engagements and policy efforts to de-risk blockchain-based financial services, as well as the company’s regulatory expansion efforts.
- Serve as a key leader and strategic policy advisor to the company, its leadership and outside stakeholders on building more inclusive and open global financial services, where inclusion, innovation and integrity are not in conflict.
- Engage with global policy and regulatory stakeholders on broad policy issues shaping the future of money and payments.
- Drive broad advocacy, education, policy and regulatory developments creating a more favorable global market environment and competitive outcomes for the company.
- Liaise with key company leaders at the executive and senior levels, building deep collaborative and trust-based partnerships, including with legal, compliance, operational and product teams, among others.
- Work in deep collaboration with internal leaders on the company’s existing and sought after licenses and regulatory expansion efforts.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards.You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- 15+ years of experience at the highest levels of global policy in emerging technology.
- A strong legal, technical and policy background and a JD combined with a demonstrable track record in shaping a global market environment conducive to inclusive always-on financial services.
- Technical, legal and policy virtuosity in global policy issues in payments, financial services, emerging technology and open financial markets infrastructure.
- Strong, evidenced-based legal, policy and regulatory expertise at the highest levels of government, industry and multinational policy and regulatory bodies.
- Strong business and competitive acumen in complex, dynamic multi stakeholder environments.
- Globally effective and situationally aware communications and technical writing, speaking and persuasive skills at the highest levels of business, political and economic consequence.
- Ardent interest and passion for driving measurable outcomes for business and society.
- Adroit multistakeholder engagement and the ability to deliver results in complex environments.
- Demonstrated outcomes, public reporting and the ability to demonstrate and motivate clarity of purpose in complex global environments.
- Deep experience with digital currency, blockchain technology and related issues in financial market infrastructure.
- A proven track record of thought leadership, research and analysis.
- In depth experience working in a multistakholder, diverse and global environment.
- Highly effective communications skills, including the ability to explain advanced economic and other concepts in an adaptive and relatable manner.
- A track record in shaping policy, responding to public consultations, requests for information or comment among global stakeholders.
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Slack and Macbook preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.#LI-Remote