As Senior Corporate Counsel , you will negotiate a variety of agreements and provide day to day legal advice and support to employees at all levels of the business in a rapidly expanding organization. This role is a perfect opportunity for an experienced corporate counsel looking to help build out a legal framework for a rapidly growing company, and work in a fast paced environment. Reibus is growing quickly and we're scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. If this environment sounds like a fit for you, we want to meet you! The successful candidate will work closely with the General Counsel and business leaders in a variety of areas of the Company.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Provide day-to-day legal advice: Provide legal advice and support to employees at all levels of Reibus on a variety of day-to-day legal matters.
- Contract negotiation: Negotiate a range of agreements for the Company (non-disclosure agreements, letters of intent, statements of work, vendor agreements, leases, etc.)
- Corporate governance: Support the Company's international expansion, including managing new subsidiary formation and maintenance.
- Enable sales and product: Provide legal advice to sales and product teams.
- Establish legal framework: Work closely with the General Counsel to establish processes and procedures for the Company's legal agreements.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Strategic Thinking: Applies an outcomes focused mindset and sees beyond the day-to-day to help reach business goals, while appropriately managing legal risk.
- Drive and follow-through: Strong organization and prioritization skills. Knowledge of what needs to be done and how to work with others to help make it happen.
- Legal and Business Judgment: Ability to bring a business-minded approach to legal matters, and the ability to convey legal risk to business leaders.
- Agility: Resourceful, resilient and proactive in fast-paced environments. Able to seamlessly alternate between various tasks and roll with the punches when things change. Willingness to work on both complex and more mundane matters.
- Collaboration: Ability to work with employees at all levels of the Company, and to maintain professionalism under pressure whether engaging with other employees or customers.
- Excellent Communicator: Uses verbal and written communication to express ideas clearly and persuasively.
YOUR IDEAL BACKGROUND
In order to accelerate your impact in the role, you'd be best served to have the following experiences:
- A JD degree from a top U.S. accredited law school.
- 2-5 years transactional experience in legal practice (a mix of experience at a top law firm and in-house legal position is highly preferred).
- Member in good standing of at least one state bar.
- Excellent negotiation skills, business judgment, and the ability to give practical, actionable advice.
- Experience structuring, drafting and negotiating a variety of agreements.
You may have heard that Reibus is the fastest growing tech startup serving the industrial space with $300B market potential. Why is that?
For starters, we offer a virtuous circle of solutions for the metals industry. This includes an easy-to-use B2B marketplace, finance solutions that customers can't get enough of, and a burgeoning logistics business already growing faster than we imagined. But what drives our success isn't great technology, or a visionary business plan. It is our culture. We invest in our culture and realize it is what sets us apart. Visit our office and you'll experience it for yourself.
We create an amazing place to work for our people. We solve real problems for our customers. That is why Reibus.
ASK US ABOUT:
- Our culture: The company values are at the core of today's decisions and our vision for the future.
- Paid-to-Live policy: It's not PTO, its PTL! Unlimited vacation, sabbaticals, reimbursements for vacation excursions, and donations to causes you volunteer for.
- The "Not-An-Employee Handbook:" Our 4-page preamble to working at Reibus is straightforward, and if you're the right fit, inspiring.
- "Be an adult:" This oft-repeated mantra exemplifies the ownership we empower our people with.
- Lighthouse Leadership: We ask our leaders to live in the place of need, stand tall, shine a light, and be a home.
A PLACE THAT LETS YOU BE YOU.
Diversity at Reibus isn't about checking a box or maintaining our corporate image, it stems from our commitment to creating a sense of belonging. We find and help grow individuals from all walks of life. We learn from each other's beliefs and celebrate the differences that power our learning. We ensure fairness and respect in the way we treat our people.