Public Policy Analyst at Gemini
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
The Department: Legal
The Legal department at Gemini is making history every day, as we creatively apply the legacy of law to the future of digital assets. On this team, you will tackle complex and unprecedented applications of the current legal system to the revolutionary industry of cryptocurrency and blockchain technology. At Gemini, Legal plays a critical role in guiding innovation and driving value for the business, while upholding our core tenets of security, compliance, and trust for our customers. Join us and help define the Legal Department of the Future.
The Role: Public Policy Analyst
The role will support our growing Regulatory Affairs team. As Public Policy Analyst, you will play a critical role in ensuring that Gemini fully understands and stays ahead of all policy developments in an extremely fast-paced and evolving regulatory climate. You will partner with our Head of Regulatory Affairs, internal stakeholders and cross-functional colleagues in developing innovation-fostering approaches to regulatory and policy issues. You will do this by leveraging your breadth and depth of experience on the Hill, in a relevant federal or state regulatory agency, and/or at a law firm or in-house to help Gemini implement its regulatory strategy (international, federal, and state) of building trust in and goodwill for Gemini — trust is our product.
- Conduct regulatory, policy, and legislative research and analysis; synthesize information in an easy-to-digest manner for internal audiences highlighting key takeaways, potential implications, and recommended action items.
- Monitor and analyze international, federal, and state regulatory and policy developments in the crypto industry.
- Assist in drafting and editing official brand materials, including one-pagers, op-eds, policy proposals, talking points, legislative testimony, comments on regulations, requests for information, formal correspondence, briefing materials, and more. You’ll play a key role in ensuring these assets are always aligned with our brand and consistent with our regulatory positions.
- Assist in advocating for the company’s regulatory perspective with elected officials, regulators, policymakers, their staff, and other influential third party organizations and thought leaders.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 2 years of either public policy experience (gained while working within relevant Capitol Hill office or Committee, state or federal regulatory agency, and/or government relations firm) or relevant legal experience at law firm or in-house
- Superlative research, writing, and communication skills
- Fluency in English
- Advanced degree preferred (e.g., J.D., MPP, etc.)
- Proven ability to understand and distill complex policy issues, specifically within the fields of financial services, digital assets, or fintech
- Understanding of policy making process, including legislative and executive branch processes
- Knowledge of and strong interest in disruptive technology, digital assets, and financial services
- Effective communication skills: ability to relay complex policy and regulatory issues in an easy to understand manner
- Strong collaboration skills: a team player who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves, adeptly partner with cross-functional colleagues, and has a ‘no job too small (or big)’ mentality
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, with accountability to clear targets, deadlines and outcomes; execution-focus with an ability to flawlessly juggle multiple priorities at once
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.