Interview Engineer (France) at Karat
Interviews are the gateway between people and jobs — they are a critical connection point. And yet, while the interview is a universal experience, it has never been recognized as its own discipline. In fact, the vast majority of people conducting interviews receive no formal training in how to do so.Karat is the market leader in Interview Engineering.
At Karat, our mission is to make every interview predictive, fair, and enjoyable. To do so, we created and established the category of Interview Engineering.
Founded in 2014, Karat is a privately held and venture-funded company based in Seattle. Key clients include Pinterest, PayPal, Citrix, Intuit, and InVision.Interview Engineering at Karat
Karat Interview Engineers are a community of experienced software developers who are equipped with best practices and technology needed to provide the most predictive, fair, and enjoyable interviews to software engineering job candidates. Interview Engineers include software development managers, software engineers, and freelancers covering the full technology stack. As an Interview Engineer, you will interview job candidates using the Karat approach and interviewing infrastructure in a wide variety of roles on behalf of leading companies worldwide.
- Experienced software engineer with 5+ years of hands-on coding experience
- Extensive interviewing experience focused on:
- evaluating fundamental computer science skills (i.e. data structures, algorithms etc.)
- software craftsmanship (i.e. understanding of unit testing
- source control, APIs etc.)
- specific technologies (i.e. iOS, distributed systems etc.)
- You believe that interviewing is a first-class job
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Able to empathize with candidates and provide actionable feedback