Sr. Human Resources Business Partner at TuSimple
Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our current fleet of autonomous Trucks are helping communities receive much-needed supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are leaving behind a historic legacy.
TuSimple was founded half a decade ago with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first global commercially viable Autonomous Freight Network.
TuSimple is not your average company and this is not your average Human Resources opportunity!
We hire the best and the brightest; transactional HR professionals need not apply.
As a Sr. Human Resources Business Partner at TuSimple, you will be provided with endless opportunities to impact change and make a difference. You will partner with some of our most innovative and highly influential groups in the organization--namely Algorithm and Software Engineering, as well as some members of our Executive Leadership team--supporting them with defining and executing on an effective People Strategy. You will work closely with leaders to understand their objectives and translate them into actionable HR strategies that drive business success. You will provide thought-leadership and strategic-partnership to your clients, supporting them with aligning the company’s most important asset--our people--with organizational objectives and direction. You will ensure that the exceptionally talented people, we are so fortunate to work with, are given an outstanding employee experience and offered opportunities for growth and development. Simultaneously, you will play an active role in the continued sophistication of our HR programs and initiatives.
We are looking for someone who brings strong experience in the areas of human resources consultation, employee retention and engagement, conflict resolution, employee relations, and performance and exit management. To be successful in this role, you need the ability to build enduring relationships, operate in the grey, demonstrate business acumen, and, quite frankly, keep up! We are a ground-breaking technology company and things move quickly--but that’s what makes it exciting and fun.
Come work with some of the best and brightest people in the industry and effect positive change! Know that you, and your work, will be valued at TuSimple. Apply today!
- Builds strong relationships with management and serves as a thought-partner on people issues ranging from headcount planning to engagement plans.
- Assesses short- and long-term business needs for client groups, proactively working with management to find solutions for business issues and enabling managers to better lead their business and meet objectives.
- Acts as a coach, providing leadership development to business leaders at all levels, entry level to director and above.
- Provides guidance and assistance to employees and managers on human resource issues including employee relations, conflict resolution, performance and compensation management, harassment investigations, sick leave and return-to-work management, reductions in force, and HR policies and programs.
- Partners with managers to identify and resolve performance issues through: coaching, performance improvement, corrective action documentation, and terminations.
- Conducts investigations and resolves complex employee relations issues.
- Helps design and implement people strategies across the organization and participates in HR project work, such as the development and/or improvement of human resources initiatives.
- Contributes to and/or runs specialized committees on topics such as safety, recognition, communication, etc.
- Collaborates with other HR communities to communicate, facilitate, and/or present HR programs to client groups.
- Partners with other HR communities deliver best-in-class HR services and strategies, providing insight and guidance on client-specific areas.
- Other duties as assigned
- Highschool Diploma or equivalent.
- 10 years of experience working in a full-time HR role, such as HR Generalist, HR Specialist, or HR Business Partner
- 5 years of experience in an HR Business Partner, Employee Relations, or similar role with a focus on partnering with management on complex people issues.
- Experience providing HR support to Software Developers and Computer Scientists
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Management, Psychology, Communications, or related field
- HR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, other HR Certifications.
- Experience working in a tech start-up environment.
- Deep understanding of Federal, State, and Local employment legislation.
- Proven influencer and collaborator, with the ability to provide guidance and support to business clients of all levels, and develop strong interpersonal relationships.
- Strong knowledge of performance management documentation best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to support a high-volume portfolio.
- Demonstrated conceptual, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Excellent time management and organization skills, with the proven ability to juggle and reprioritize based on business demands and priorities.
- Strong coaching, facilitation, conflict resolution, and relationship management skills.
- Strong business acumen.
- Self-starter with proven ability to effectively work in ambiguous environments and support continuous improvement.
- Ability to work autonomously, while remaining aligned with HR strategies and business objectives.
- Interest in personal development and keeping current in human resource best practices through external resources and a strong HR network
- Intellectually curious with a strong bias to action.
- Client focused and highly collaborative.
- Ability to quickly build trust and rapport with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven ability to de-construct complex issues into straight-forward concepts and present recommendations that successfully navigate to resolution, in an organized and methodical framework.
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral and written communication skills. Capable of listening and obtaining clarification, changing approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Proven track record of effectively influencing the actions and opinions of others at all levels of the organization. Able to effectively and respectfully challenge the status quo and drive change.
- Demonstrated experience building and improving processes and promoting quality.
- Superior analytical and decision-making skills with established understanding of business implication of decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple concurrent assignments while meeting deadlines and demanding quality execution.
- Proven ability to work in a matrix organization, tech start-up experience preferred.
- Ability to maintain steady leadership throughout aggressive deadlines, changing priorities, and evolving operations, as common to progressive start-up environments.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you and your family
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner served every day
- Full kitchens on every floor with unlimited snacks, drinks, special treats, fruits, meals, and more
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Monthly team building budget
- Learning/education budget
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short disability
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.Brown University, California Institute of Technology, Carnegie Mellon University, Columbia University, Cornell University, Dartmouth College, Duke University, Georgia Institute of Technology, Harvard University, Harvey Mudd College, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, North Carolina State University, Northwestern University, Princeton University, Purdue University, Rice University, Rose - Hulman Institute of Technology, Stanford University, Tufts University, University of California — Berkeley, University of California — Los Angeles, University of Illinois--Urbana-Champaign, University of Maryland--College Park, University of Massachusetts--Amherst, University of Michigan--Ann Arbor, University of Notre Dame, University of Pennsylvania, University of Southern California, University of Texas Austin, University of Washington, University of Wisconsin--Madison, Williams College, Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI), Yale University, MIT, CMU, Waymo, Uber, Facebook, Uber, Amazon, Cruise, Tesla, Argo AI, Baidu, DIDI, Zoox, Nutonomy, Nuro, Aptiv, Pony.Ai, Kodiak, Toyota, Nissan, GM, Ford, VW, Autonomous Car, Autonomous Driving, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Deep learning, Perception, Prediction, Planning, Control, Anduril Industries, Sift, Nauto, Tempus, Salesforce, Automation Anywhere, SenSat, Phrasee, Defined Crowd, Pymetrics,Siemens, Socure, AEye, Rev.com, Suki.ai, Verkada, DataVisor, People.ai, AlphaSense, Icertis, Casetext, Blue River Tech, Nvidia, Bright Machines, Orbital Insight, Brighterion, H2O, Intel, Clarifa, X.ai, Zebra Medical Vision, Iris AI, Freenome, Neurala, Akamai, Zoho, ServiceNow, SalesForce, Oracle, Tableau,Splunk,Cvent, Veeam,Atlassian, DocuSign, Dropbox, Veeva Systems, Proofpoint, Cornerstone, Qualtrics. New Relic, Okta, Intralinks, MuleSoft, Freshworks, Slack, Twilio, Anaplan, Stripe, Workfront, Smartsheet, Zuora, OutSystems, Coupa, Cylance, Elastic, Zoom, SailPoint, BlackLine, iCIMS, Digitate, Qualys, Kareo, DataStax, DiscoverOrg, Siteimprove, Druva, Centrify, Looker, SimilarWeb, Odoo, Kyriba, Sumo Logic, Sisense, PagerDuty, DigitalOcean, Liquid Web, Zaloni, Databricks, ServiceTitan, Fastly, SnapLogic, Mendix, Couchbase, Egnyte, Seismic, Bill.com, Justworks, Collibra, ActiveCampaign, Schoology, SalesLoft, Cylynt,