We have an opportunity to add an experienced Recruiter to the Talent Acquisition team to support our Corporate or Underwriting Organizations. The Recruiter will act as a consultative partner to their assigned areas of the business, providing best in class talent solutions. As a recognized recruiting expert, the Recruiter develops and executes recruiting strategies to meet the needs of the business.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Creates and executes the recruiting strategy and recruiting operations for a business unit(s) and/or region. Leads the recruiting team (hiring manager, interviewer, HR generalist and recruiting coordinator) during each search and ensures that everyone is performing their role and the team is meeting recruiting goals.
- Develops sourcing strategies to support assigned business unit(s). Knows the best sourcing channels to reach different candidate segments.
- Identifies and assesses candidates, conducts pre-screens, interviews and obtains feedback from management and candidates.
- Leads and participates in a variety of projects focused on continuous improvement, operational excellence, and modernizing the function.
- Assists in the training and development of Recruiting Consultant(s) and/or Recruiting Specialist(s) using expertise and best practice approaches.
- Manages assigned recruiting projects including process changes.
- Develops a database of high potential, passive candidates through pipelining efforts and relationship recruiting.
- Advises hiring managers and generalist with offer recommendations. Extends and negotiates offers.
- Participates in maintaining and monitoring vendor relationships and makes vendor recommendations to management as needed.
- Prepares and submits staffing activity and analysis as well as other reports for management.
- Stays current on hiring trends, competitor information and employment market conditions.
M ay perform additional duties as assigned.
Talent Acquisition Director
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Solid recruitment/sourcing expertise. Utilizes best practices, techniques, and technology
- Ability to influence employment decisions of prospects and candidates
- Ability to assess applicant/candidate quality, skills and fit to identify best talent for the position(s)
- Solid knowledge of the business and operations for business unit(s) supported
- Ability to understand the talent needs of hiring managers and has awareness of the organization's talent strategy.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to deal with and resolve ambiguous, confidential and sensitive situations
- Strong communication and consulting skills
- Customer service focus and a sense of urgency
- Proactively develops relationships across areas of business, HR, and the external talent pool
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline or equivalent
- Typically seven years or more of recruiting experience, with a combination of corporate and agency experience preferred
- AIRS or other certifications a plus