Payroll Specialist at Moveworks
As a Payroll Specialist your responsibilities include reviewing payroll data and documents for inefficiencies and errors, checking whether all amounts are accurate based on hours worked and ensuring payments are made on time. You will help Moveworks maintain an efficient payroll process that complies with all federal and state regulations. This role is a key support role for the Director of Accounting Operations, CFO and Human Resources.
Who we are:
Moveworks is revolutionizing how companies support their employees — with the first AI platform that makes getting help at work effortless. Using advanced conversational AI built for the enterprise, Moveworks gives employees exactly what they need, from IT support to HR help to policy information. Our platform allows customers like Snowflake, Slack, DocuSign, LinkedIn, Instacart, Illumina, Epic Games, Hearst Media to move forward on what matters.
Founded in 2016, Moveworks has raised $315 million in funding, at a valuation of $2.1 billion. We’ve been named to the Forbes AI 50 list for three consecutive years, while earning recognition as the Best Chatbot Solution at the 2021 AI Breakthrough Awards. Above all, we’ve built an AI company that puts people first, which is why both Inc. and the San Francisco Business Times called Moveworks one of the Best Workplaces of 2021.
Come join one of the fastest-growing teams on the planet!
What you'll do:
- Calculate, review, verify and post a variety of complex payroll data such as gross pay, retroactive payments, commissions, hours, tax information and leave; balance, reconcile and submit payrolls for payment processing
- Prepare and submit all necessary paperwork for tax deductions, benefits and garnishments
- Process terminations
- Analyze compensation-related data including wages and bonuses
- Conduct regular audits on payroll procedures and records
- Process benefit costs, like insurance fees and sick leaves
- Responsible for resolving any payroll issues or discrepancies in a proper and timely manner
- Report to management on payroll issues and changes
- Answer employees' questions about salaries and tax
- Maintain records and reports related to payroll, employee information, time sheets, benefits, salaries, leave, taxes, deductions, and payments
- Stay up to date on state and federal payroll and tax laws
- Design, document and implement procedures to streamline payroll processes
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor's or higher degree
- 5+ years accounting/finance experience, in particular as a Payroll Analyst, Payroll Coordinator or similar role
- Experience with International Payroll, Benefits and Taxes
- Deep knowledge of state and federal payroll and tax regulations
- Hands-on experience with payroll software - ADP
- Excellent analytical skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- The ability to work under tight deadline