The International Benefits Specialist will contribute to the on-going strategy, analysis, administration and communication of Affirm's international benefit plans and programs including vacation, holiday, time off, sick pay, unemployment, retirement plans, disability, flexible spending, service awards, group health/medical/dental coverage, vendor management, wellness and health education initiatives, and life insurance.
What You'll Do
The International Benefits Specialist administers and communicates the company's benefits program in regards to plan options, policy features, enrollment and other requirements. The International Benefits Specialist may assist in planning, developing, and redesigning company international benefits programs and analyzing benefit costs. You will be involved with communication and implementation of wellness and health education initiatives.
- Use professional concepts and company objectives to resolve a variety of issues in effective ways
- Develop, implement and administer international benefits policies and programs
- Review existing and proposed statutory requirements governing international benefits administration and recommendations appropriate course of action
- Conduct special ad hoc international benefits projects/analyses
- Assist with benefits communications and new hire presentations
- Contribute to the the annual open enrollment cycle
- Ensure the reliability, accuracy and security of benefits data used for reporting and analysis purposes
- Resolve a wide range of issues in creative ways
What We Look For
- 2+ years of experience in benefits, with the ability to demonstrate a full understanding of benefits concepts in line with company objectives
- Preference for international benefits experience
- Strong team orientation with collaborative style; ability to work effectively across internal teams, communicating clearly and comprehensively to meet project deadlines
- Able to maturely handle sensitive and confidential information
- Highly effective verbal and written communications skills ; able to distill complex concepts/information to employees in a digestible manner
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple, and potentially shifting, priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail, strong sense of responsibility and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively
Location - Remote U.S.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company ! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
[Colorado Candidates] In accordance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act , the grade for this position in Colorado is listed above. You can find the Colorado base pay range and benefits here .
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways-not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that's why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report .
We also believe It's On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.