Head of People (Washington DC)
EnergyHub empowers utilities and their customers to create a clean, distributed energy future. We accomplish this through innovative software and program management solutions that harness millions of distributed energy resources, enabling utilities to support more renewables and rely less on fossil energy. We’re at a critical stage in our company’s trajectory and eager to add a leader to for the people function to support our growing workforce. This experienced professional will be a key member of the leadership team, lead the people and talent functions at EnergyHub, and execute on talent strategy that supports business priorities. We’re looking for someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, can navigate working through ambiguity, and is motivated by building programs and processes that will scale as we grow.
● Lead and oversee the day-to-day workflow of the talent acquisition, people, and office operations teams
● Collaborate with the executive team to create the company’s goals and strategy related to talent acquisition, performance management, employee engagement, succession planning, and retention
● Lead talent acquisition team and hiring managers to create and drive hiring strategy
● Provide expertise and counsel in the areas of performance management, employee relations, professional development, and organizational design
● Design and maintain fair and equitable compensation structures, including budget planning, merit, and performance cycles
● Serve as a cultural champion and create an inclusive workplace with an emphasis on diversity, inclusion and belonging for all employees
● Maintain cutting edge knowledge of trends, best practices, and regulatory changes in talent management and employment; apply this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice, and resources to the company
● You’re able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
● You have strong project management skills and ability to own complex projects with multiple stakeholders in a fast-paced environment
● You have prior experience with a mix of startups and mature organizations (tech industry experience a plus)
● You’re an excellent leader, and are able to adapt to the needs of the organization and our team
● You’re able to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate
● You’re proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite; similarly, you’re either proficient at or able to quickly learn our HRIS (Workday) and ATS (Greenhouse)
● You have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent with a minimum of 7 years’ human resources experience
● You are willing to travel frequently to be onsite at EnergyHub HQ location in Brooklyn, NY
● Working knowledge of New York state/New York City employment laws and regulations
● PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP credentials
Why work for EnergyHub?
● Collaborate with outstanding people: Our employees work hard, do great work, and enjoy collaborating and learning from each other.
● Make an immediate impact: New employees can expect to be given real responsibility for bringing new technologies to the marketplace. You are empowered to perform as soon as you join the team!
● Gain well rounded experience: EnergyHub offers a diverse and dynamic environment where you will get the chance to work directly with executives and develop expertise across multiple areas of the business.
● Work with the latest technologies: You’ll gain exposure to a broad spectrum of IoT, SaaS and machine learning challenges, including distributed fault-tolerance, device control optimization, and process modeling to support scalable interaction with disparate downstream APIs.
● Be part of something important: Help create the future of how energy is produced and consumed. Make a positive impact on our climate.
● Focus on fun: EnergyHub places high value on our team culture. Happy hours and holiday parties are important to us, but what’s also important is how our employees feel every single day.
EnergyHub is a growing enterprise software company that works with the most forward-thinking companies in smart energy. Our platform lets consumers turn their smart thermostats, electric cars, water heaters, and other products into virtual power plants that keep the grid stable and enable higher penetration of solar and wind power. We work on technology that already provides energy and cost savings to millions of people through partnerships with the leading companies in the Internet of Things.
EnergyHub offers a generous benefits package including 100% paid medical benefits and a 401(k) with employer match. We offer a casual environment, the flexibility to set your own schedule, a fully stocked fridge and pantry, free Citi Bike membership, secure bike rack, gym subsidy, paid parental leave, and an education assistance program.
EnergyHub is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we may collect include your name, government-issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.