Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
Director of Talent Acquisition – Product & Design
If you are a data-driven recruiting professional who’s eager to make a direct impact on a mission-driven organization, then this may be your dream job!
As the Director of Talent Acquisition for our Product, Experience and Design team, which represents the largest slice of employee population, you will build a strategic recruiting function that delivers game changing talent in lock step with the business, while operating with integrity and inclusive talent practices at its core.
- Drive strategy: You will partner closely with the Product and Design leadership team, along with multiple cross-functional teams including the Office of Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging to steer a recruiting strategy that’s driven by the goal of delivering the worlds most diverse workforce at scale. You translate business needs into strategy and drive quantifiable outcomes with greater predictability.
- Grow hiring accountability: Align the Product and Design recruiting team’s processes and assess growth opportunities and weaknesses by using quantitative and qualitative data. Drive coordinated action and accountability from all partners in our hiring ecosystems so that we’re poised to hire the absolute best people to drive our mission forward.
- Build positive relationships: Collaborate across the company and work closely with the Product & Design teams’ HR Business Partners to ensure we’re crafting sourcing and hiring efforts that address the needs of our partners while scaling for the future of Upwork.
- Demonstrate the impact of hiring efforts: Work with a cross-section of internal partners to build our business systems and processes that combine to support and carry the business forward.
- Continuously experiment and evolve: Use experience, external data and internal data to benchmark our practices and identify emerging trends for us to consider.
What catches our eye:
- Experience recruiting technical Product and Design teams through high growth.
- Quantifiable success growing top of funnel diversity.
- Previous experience improving hiring efficiency and measuring quality of hires.
- Strong industry relationships that will aid with external partnerships and benchmarking.
- Deep knowledge of and a point of view about hiring analytics, talent strategy and organizational change.
- Ability to navigate ambiguity, adapt quickly to shifting priorities, make timely decisions and drive behavioral change.
- Problem solver with the ability to switch seamlessly between critical thinking and tactical execution within a fast-paced environment.
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll craft talent solutions for how the world works today. We’re a remote-first organization supported by offices in Santa Clara and Chicago, working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals.
Our mission is to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We build amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.