Who we are
Lilt is a language translation services and technology company. We're building the next generation of localization, making it possible for every organization to communicate with their customers in the language of their choice through Lilt's high-quality, scalable, and affordable translation services.
We recruit the world's best human translators and equip them with our software, allowing them to translate better and faster than ever. By combining human expertise and machine efficiency in a complete enterprise localization solution, we can deliver technology-enabled translation services to our customers.
Lilt is backed by some of the world's leading investors including Sequoia Capital, Intel Capital, and Redpoint. Our customers include some of the largest Fortune 500 companies in the world who rely on Lilt every day to provide more personal customer experiences in 300+ languages.
Our team has hubs in the Bay Area, Indianapolis, Boston, Washington DC, Berlin, Dublin, and London.
What you’ll do
In collaboration with the Global Head of People Operations, the Head of L&D will have oversight for the development and execution of HR L&D strategic initiatives and partners with internal leaders to leverage and integrate learning programs and resources across the business.
This position will be based out of our Indy office and employees will be expected to come into the office in a hybrid capacity.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and execute strategy for Lilt’s Learning and Development function for leaders, managers, and employees.
- Provide creative approaches (traditional and new learning platforms) for the business to promote a learning culture, including design and delivery of a portfolio of learning programs, vendor management, resource and budget allocation.
- Design and deliver remote and local training sessions using different learning formats and, where appropriate, cooperate with external partners.
- Develop and execute training budget and expense tracking.
- Conducts organization needs assessments to identify opportunities and drive desired changes and outcomes
- Provide overall data analysis and conclusions related to evaluations, attendance, instructional design and/or findings
- Analyze training needs to develop new training programs or modify and improve existing programs.
- Ensure all established costs, quality, and delivery commitments are met.
- Leverage HR processes and influence key HR initiatives, such as performance management, succession planning, training and development, organizational effectiveness
- Implement or enhance curricula based on changing business needs and industry trends.
- Provide guidance and tools to evaluate the effectiveness of training programs and ensure training meets business needs and development goals.
- Build and maintain innovative, user-friendly tools and develop education for both managers and team members.
- Explore the latest trends in learning, new technologies, adult learning principles, and vendors in the marketplace and best practices for implementation.
- Maintain an internal platform for posting of training information, including videos, articles, and calendar of learning events.
- Actively research, learn, and navigate new technologies being implemented across the learning industry.
- Creates training, coaching, and mentoring opportunities to improve and empower the employee experience.
- Collaborates with People Operations colleagues on the integration, development and evolution of other HR systems, frameworks, architectures, and strategies to support employee development, career pathing, feedback, future skilling and reskilling and determine pathways for success and retention of key talent
- Collaborates and manages L&D consulting partners for leadership development programs for leaders at all levels to better lead self, lead others, let others lead, and lead the organization.
Successful candidates will have:
- 7+ years of professional experience in designing, developing, planning, delivering, and assessing comprehensive training programs.
- 5+ years of LMS administration (implementing and/or maintaining)
- Experience building Learning & Development strategy and execution with special emphasis on global leadership development.
- Experience in building and managing training teams, infrastructure, and training programs where growth and change are the constants.
- Experience and proficiency in launching Learning Management Systems, Performance Management, and Recognition systems
- Passionate about giving employees the development tools required for personal and professional growth and success.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Training, Communications or related field or equivalent combination of education and/or Training and Development Management experience.
- Certification in L&D or HR
- Experience working with a Federal Contractor and conducting training related to OFCCP compliance
- Must be able to effectively manage vendors, contractors, and work within a predefined budget
- Must have broad knowledge and experience with current and forward-thinking systems, programs, processes, best practices, and resources for development and delivery of L&D strategies.
- Must have exceptional interpersonal, communication, presentation and platform skills, with the ability to maintain a high degree of integrity, credibility, and trustworthiness
- Possess outstanding organizational and project management skills, attention to detail, presentation skills, and problem-solving abilities.
- Requires ability to understand data, metrics, and analytics to enhance effectiveness and efficiency of learning programs and tools and drive outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively, build trusting relationships, manage change, resolve conflicts, and build consensus across the enterprise, company, and within the People Operations organization.
- Instructional design knowledge and/or graphic design experience
- Knowledge of organizational systems, human behavior, and training/development theory and methodology is strongly preferred
- Experience interfacing with the C-Suite and Senior Leaders.
- Willingness to travel as needed ~10-15%
What we offer:
- Compensation: Competitive salary, meaningful equity, and 401k matching.
- Health care: Employees receive coverage of medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Monthly lifestyle benefit stipend via the Fringe platform to allow employees to customize benefits to their lifestyle
Authorization to work in the US is a precondition of employment.
Lilt is an equal opportunity employer. We extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to an individual’s race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, veteran or marital status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. We are committed to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.
All US employees are required to be vaccinated per Lilt's Company policy (some exceptions may apply)
More Information on Lilt
Lilt operates in the Information Technology industry. The company is located in San Francisco, CA and Indianapolis, IN. Lilt was founded in 2015. It has 288 total employees. To see all 40 open jobs at Lilt, click here.
Read Full Job Description