AvePoint’s finance department is seeking a full time Technical Accounting and SEC Reporting Senior accountant in our Richmond, Virginia office. This is an excellent opportunity to join a highly productive team and offers the opportunity to support the business. This highly visible role will work closely with managements and seniors in the Finance team as well as cross-functional leaders throughout the company.
As the Technical Accounting and SEC Reporting Senior accountant of the Finance team, you will assist with the preparation of annual and quarterly SEC filings. In addition, this role will be responsible for technical accounting research and documentation, as well as assisting with internal control activities and compliance.
The successful candidate needs to have a strong knowledge of SEC reporting and a commitment to high quality financial reporting. Additionally, the candidate will need to have the ability to implement processes to improve operational efficiency, work with cross-functional teams, and prepare disclosure analysis related to accounting issues, all with a strong sense of ownership and urgency. This role reports to the Technical Accounting and SEC Reporting Manager.
What will you be doing?
- Participate in the quarterly and annual filings with the SEC (10-K, 10-Q, 8-K and others), completing SEC and GAAP checklists, review and tag the financial information in the eXtensible Business Reporting Language (“XBRL”) format for required SEC filings;
- Participate in the preparation of quarterly press releases, scripts for quarterly earnings call, annual proxy statements, and other documents filed with the SEC and/or other regulatory agencies;
- Execute all responsibilities in compliance with our SOX 404 internal control framework;
- Participate in the research and implementation of new accounting pronouncements and SEC rules and provide technical accounting support to the organization. Researching technical accounting issues and evaluating the disclosure impact related to transaction specific topics, such as revenue recognition, acquisitions, investments, restructuring, stock-based compensation, earnings per share and segment reporting.
- Assist with common stock reconciliations and calculation of basic and diluted earnings per share;
- Assist with tax accounting issues, including quarterly tax provision and required disclosures;
- Responsible for the review of domestic and international subsidiary financial reporting packages. Review separate financial statements as required by joint ventures or statutory reporting in foreign jurisdictions;
- Address and resolve questions / concerns raised by the external auditors. Prepare audit schedules and memos and respond to auditors’ inquiries;
- Collaborate with Investor Relations, Legal, Treasury and the business units to ensure consistent and accurate reporting of results and messaging to external stakeholders.
OK, I’m interested… is this the job for me?
We look for people who value agility, passion and teamwork; those who can bring fresh ideas to the table and want the opportunity to learn, grow, and expand their careers. Bring your aptitude and build upon what you do best for our customers, partners, team, and you.
Other qualities you will need to be a fit for this role include:
Bachelor’s and above degree in Accounting;
- US CPA a must;
- Proficient knowledge of U.S. GAAP, Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience;
- Strong technical knowledge of SEC accounting and reporting requirements;
- Experience with complex accounting research and technical accounting memo writing. Ability to evaluate whether specific accounting and disclosure requirement apply to the Company;
- Big 4 public accounting preferred;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and strategic-thinking skills with a forward-looking focus;
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to frequently adjust priorities and help the team out wherever needed;
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills with experience in working toward tight deadlines;
- NetSuite/ERP experience is a plus;
Check out our careers blog for content on our people, culture, and workplace!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
AvePoint promotes and maintains a drug-free workplace.