Senior Accountant, Financial Reporting at Cardlytics (Atlanta, GA)
Reports to: Sr. Manager, Financial Reporting
Location: Atlanta, GA
The Senior Accountant, Financial Reporting will primarily be responsible for assisting with the internal and external financial reporting processes as well as assistance in the evaluation and documentation of technical accounting matters. This is a great opportunity to work in a fast past growing financial reporting team. The opportunity allows for high exposure to business partners throughout the organization, as well as the executive team leaders. You will also collaborate regularly with both the Controller and Assistant Controller.
As Senior Accountant - Financial Reporting, you will:
- Prepare and/or review financial statement supporting schedules including internal and external reporting packages.
- Own quarterly and annual disclosure checklists
- Assist with preparation of quarterly accounting analyses including memorandum for non-routine transactions
- Support the Senior Manager, Financial Reporting with preparation of all SEC financial reports and forms
- Research technical accounting matters and new standards and document overall evaluation and conclusion
- Provide guidance on new accounting standards and support the implementation of new pronouncements from both a GAAP and presentation and disclosure perspective
- Own reviews for specific SOX controls in our financial statement control process
- Coordinate with external and internal auditors, as well as external and internal legal counsel
- Assist with ad-hoc and special projects as necessary
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- CPA is preferred or must be on CPA track and obtain within one year from start date
- 4+ years of public accounting experience required. We're open to any of the public audit firms and/or individuals with technical accounting research backgrounds
- Prior experience with complex accounting matters such as revenue recognition, business combinations, equity, and leases
- Prior experience with NetSuite, Workiva (or equivalent software), and/or cube-based reporting systems a plus
- Experience with preparing and/or reviewing financial statements, footnotes, MD&A, and Forms 10-Q and Form 10-K a plus
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excited about working for a high growth company with several recent acquisitions
- A problem-solver that maintains a positive attitude
- Self-motivated and able to adapt to a rapidly changing business environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Deadline driven and with an immense attention to detail
- Entrepreneurial and team-oriented spirit
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- $1,000 annual Lifestyle Spending Account - Company funded account that can be used for physical, emotional, and financial wellness!
- Flexible PTO
- Healthcare benefits that go into effect day one
- Employer funded Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Competitive compensation
- Equity grants for all employees
- Up to $5,250 annually for educational assistance and student debt repayment
- $250 initial home office stipend + $900 annually for communication ($75/month)
- 401k company match (50% of contributions up to 5% of earnings)
- Programs for spot bonuses, referral bonuses, anniversary milestones, mentoring, top performer development, and more!
At Cardlytics (NASDAQ: CDLX), we created an industry…but we are just getting started. From idea inception at a kitchen table in Atlanta to now publicly traded on NASDAQ with offices around the world, we are proud of the work we've accomplished and are looking for more smart and creative minds to join us on our mission.
By using data for good, we connect brands with real people through their banks' digital channels (think: online and mobile apps). And when we make these connections, everyone wins - brands drive more sales, banks drive more loyalty, and people receive more cash back. It's that simple.
So how exactly does it work? Through our partnerships with financial services companies like Chase, Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Venmo, we have insights into one out of every two card swipes in the U.S. This equates to roughly $3.1 trillion in annual purchase spend from more than 161 million bank customers.
Respecting this complete view of the consumer, we can create mutually beneficial relationships between those consumers and their favorite brands and financial services partners. These are relationships that otherwise would not have happened without our help. It's our advanced targeting that drives advertising performance - because performance matters, and it's our superpower.
Are you ready to become a shareholder and join a team filled with creatives and data scientists, consultants, and artists, to help redefine marketing?
We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, and leveraging our unique perspectives to grow our company to new heights, while ensuring Cardlytics is a great place where great people want to be.