Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 53+ billion in circulation and supported over $1.9+ trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Circle’s SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising and capital formation to startups and growth companies. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you’ll be responsible for:
Circle is looking for an exceptional Accounting Manager. As an Accounting Manager you will be managing a team of 1-2 team members. You will be responsible for leading the automation of our month-end close process, primarily over the revenue and digital asset processes. To accomplish this you will partner with cross-functional team members as we continue to scale the business.What you'll work on:
- Developing a solid understanding of the processes that currently exist and how to automate them for future.
- Identify process improvements and efficiencies for the close ensuring changes are implemented timely.
- Working in collaboration with Risk, Compliance, Engineering, and Treasury departments to implement automated reporting requirements
- Determine requirements for new products and revenue streams and ensure reporting is complete and accurate.
- Managing a team of 1-2 people and ensuring timelines are being met on a consistent basis.
- Providing valuable feedback and assisting direct reports in growth of their careers.
- Supporting ERP implementation, integration of data sources and automation of process and reporting.
- Owning the implementation of Lukka reporting to automate impairment accounting for digital assets.
- Developing automated reporting requirements for new product launches and to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Performing other ad-hoc projects as needed.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you'll bring to Circle:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business.
- Minimum of 7 years of accounting experience.
- Big 4 and CPA preferred.
- Direct experience performing detailed and data intensive reconciliations.
- Strong technical accounting skills and be current with regulations and compliance issues.
- Organized, detailed, proactive, self-motivated, collaborative, multi-tasker, and creative.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to excel in a fast-paced environment is extremely important.
- Ability to prioritize workloads and ensure tasks are completed timely.
- High integrity and ability to handle confidential information.
- Experience/familiarity with Slack, Apple MacOS and GSuite.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.#LI-Remote