Financial Analyst at Savant Systems (Cleveland, OH)
GE Lighting, a Savant company, has been at the forefront of every major lighting innovation, from the first light bulb to industry-first LED and smart solutions along with the world’s first voice-embedded lighting product. Today it leads the North American retail lighting market as the most trusted, recommended and likely to purchase brand.
Savant Systems, Inc., is a true powerhouse delivering unmatched intelligent lighting and smart home solutions. Together, Savant and GE Lighting, a Savant company, offer a deep and diverse portfolio of bold and easy-to-use innovations across the retail and professional channels that are engineered for every home.
Savant, a recognized leader in home control and automation, is one of the fastest-growing smart home companies in the luxury and mid-markets. Its powerful Pro technology brings climate, lighting, entertainment, security and energy together in a single, award winning application interface for homeowners.Job Description
As the Financial Analyst for GE Lighting, a Savant company, you will be responsible for supporting the Global Business Treasurer. Supporting the Commercial Finance and Treasury teams.
This position will be key in supporting the overall Finance organization’s close and analysis processes.
The position is based at our beautiful NELA Park headquarters, which is located on the east side of Cleveland.
- Completing period-end close procedures, such as recording of journal entries and analyzing account data for key accounting and finance areas
- Working closely with Commercial Finance and Treasury teams to manage the day-to-day accounting and aiding those teams in the resolution of discrepancies and deficiencies
- Focusing on department priorities and identifying other potential process improvements in the Finance organization
- Assisting with the drafting and compiling of financial statements and related disclosures
- Maintaining appropriate control documentation that is in compliance with various regulatory standards
- Assisting with the fulfillment of internal and external audit requests
- Preparing account reconciliations and improving the efficiency of the reconciliation process
- Partnering with key stakeholders to ensure appropriate accounting and financial reporting for all areas of the business
- Preparations of materials for key leadership meetings with C-suite executives
- Assisting on future finance technology system implementations
- Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university … preferably in the field of Accounting / Finance / Economics / Statistics
- Preferred minimum 1 year of professional experience in corporate accounting/financial reporting or public accounting
- Analytical and organizational ability
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
- Effective problem identification and solution skills
Bold cutting-edge innovation is in our DNA as our history dates back nearly 130 years to Thomas Edison and the invention of the world’s first lightbulb. We owe our success to our diverse and hardworking employees. Our company will grow by continuing to create a transparent and collaborative environment where people thrive while being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day. To ensure this happens, we provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon merit, competence, performance, and business needs, without regard to protected characteristics. We seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
GE Lighting, a Savant Company does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Savant and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.