Financial Accountant II at Renaissance (Remote)
Renaissance is the leader in K-12 learning analytics--enabling teachers, curriculum creators, and educators to drive phenomenal student growth. Renaissance's solutions help educators analyze, customize, and plan personalized learning paths for students, allowing time for what matters--creating energizing learning experiences in the classroom. Whether you are based at our corporate headquarters in beautiful central Wisconsin or at one of our other many locations, you can make a real difference in education. We offer competitive compensation, enviable benefits, and smart, friendly co-workers—all in a relaxed, fun atmosphere where you'll have the opportunity to excel each day.Job Description
Responsible for financial planning, analysis, and special projects.
- Prepare financial statements, including balance sheets, income statements, and cash flows accurately and on a timely basis
- Ensure all transactions are accounted for in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
- General ledger reconciliations, maintain fixed assets, prepare monthly accruals, general ledger analysis, journal entries and chart of account maintenance.
- Compile and analyze financial information, prepare transactions and reconciliations, document business transactions, and prepare financial reports and analysis
- Assist department managers in preparing their financial budgets for the operating plan, analysis of actual expenditures and provides support to the department
- Provides analysis of current and proposed financial programs, develops financial evaluations for company projects and new business opportunities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. In accordance with applicable laws, Renaissance Learning will provide reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue burden so disabled employees may perform the essential functions of the position.
Education & Experience
* Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting from four-year college or university preferred, and
* Minimum three years of experience, OR
* Equivalent combination of education and related experience
* Proficient with PC applications
* Proficient with MS office applications
* Strong computer skills, especially spreadsheet development
* Experience with accounting and reporting systemsAdditional Information
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Salary Range: $49,600 - $68,000
- This range is based on national market data and may vary by experience and location.
- World Class Benefits: Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision, Telehealth
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) and Roth 401(k) with company match
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time Off
- 13 Paid Holidays
- Parental Leave (20 total weeks with 14 weeks paid) & Milk Stork program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Well-being and Employee Assistance Programs
Renaissance is committed to maintaining a safe and healthful environment for our employees and customers. To uphold this commitment, Renaissance requires all employees to receive a full COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment, unless an individual has been granted an exemption as an accommodation due to a disability, religious reasons and/or state and local laws.
Frequently cited statistics show that some women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans, may only apply to roles if they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Renaissance, we encourage all applications! Roles evolve over time, especially with innovation, and you may be just the person we need into the future. We hope you're open to learning new skills to grow with us. Make our team, your team! Renaissance is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate with respect to any term, condition or privilege of employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, marital status, or status of an individual in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
At Renaissance our mission is: “To accelerate learning for all children and adults of all ability levels and ethnic and social backgrounds, worldwide.” Inherent in that guiding principle is dedication to serving all identities by recognizing the importance of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) in our organization, our work and our products. Renaissance also provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws. If an accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact Talent Acquisition.
Renaissance also provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws. If an accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact Talent Acquisition.