Director, Corporate Treasury at Gemini
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
The Department: Treasury
The Finance Department at Gemini consists of thought leaders in the digital asset liquidity, accounting, and reconciliation spaces. Our mandate is to bridge the traditional world of finance with the innovation of cryptocurrency products, providing our clients with a best-in-class financial institution experience.
The Role: Director, Corporate Treasury
Our team is looking for an accomplished Treasury executive to lead our Treasury and Cash Operations teams in a rapidly growing business environment. This role will provide leadership and execution of core digital asset and fiat currency liquidity processes, as well as oversee payment operations and banking relationships. This position will also lead the development and execution of Gemini’s long term balance sheet management strategies. The Treasury team plays a critical role in supporting customer experience through seamless processing of customer deposits and withdrawals. Earning and maintaining trust with our customers is paramount to our success.
- Oversee all cash management functions including customer deposit/withdrawal activity, intercompany cash movement, and account funding
- Ensure adequate liquidity for working capital needs and invest short term excess cash
- Ensure bank reconciliations and cash closing activities are performed at the end of each reporting period timely and accurately
- Ensure sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational requirements
- Monitor and manage foreign exchange risks
- Own liquidity management for spot and derivatives products across a wide range of fiat and digital currencies
- Improve monthly and quarterly cash flow forecasts
- Support compliance with and implementation of internal controls, policies, and procedures to promote sustainable operations
- Oversee banking and financial institution relationships. Negotiate bank and service fees
- Source and maintain capital markets relationships to support the above efforts
- Mentor and develop staff to support the daily operations of the treasury department
- Develop the strategy and roadmap for evolution of the Treasury function as Gemini continues to grow
- 12+ years of progressive responsibility in Treasury/Cash Management and/or Liquidity Management, with global Treasury exposure
- Extensive knowledge of spot and derivatives trading products
- Strong analytical, financial and systems skills are required, with superior attention to detail
- Leadership experience and demonstrated ability to manage teams
- Able to drive process improvements through technology solutions
- Curious and motivated to learn and master new skills with an enthusiastic, "roll up sleeves" personality
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field; MBA a plus
- Desire to work within a diverse, collaborative, and driven professional environment
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive base salaries across all departments
- Ownership in the company via profit sharing units
- Amazing benefits, 401k match contribution, and flexible hours
- Snacks, Perks, Wellness Outings & Events
Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.