Accounts Payable Clerk at Magna International (Detroit, MI)
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, or closely related field. Experience can be substituted for education.
- Understanding of general accounting and account reconciliation principles required
- 2 years' experience with an accounting background an asset
Language Skills: English
Mathematical Skills: Aptitude for working with numbers with a high degree of accuracy.
Reasoning Ability: Effective trouble shooting for a variety of different situations/issues effectively.
- Match and code vendor invoices and employee expense reports
- Process payments to vendors/employees; i.e. checks, and bank drafts
- Assist in resolving payable issues
- File Accounts Payable documentation accurately and on a timely basis
- Responsible for discount and prompt payment
- Reconciliation of vendor statements
- Reconciliation of sub ledger to GL
- Responding to vendor queries
- Resolving accounts payable discrepancies
- Various Account analysis
- Month End procedures
- Year End procedures
- Cash flows
- Audit files
- SOX compliance
- Intercompany Reconciliations
- Provide General Administrative Office Support (phone redirection, mail, faxes, petty cash & visitors etc.)
- Other duties as assigned
Physical Demands - Normal amount of sitting and standing; Ability to move around an office environment and on the production floor; Ability to work at a computer workstation; Ability to bend, twist, lift, reach. Required to carry out job duties and responsibilities in a work environment that may include, but is not limited to, varying levels of noise and/or temperature. Ability to lift max. 50lbs periodically.
Awareness. Unity. Empowerment.
At Magna, we believe that a diverse workforce is critical to our success. That's why we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We hire on the basis of experience and qualifications, and in consideration of job requirements, regardless of, in particular, color, ancestry, religion, gender, origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity. Magna takes the privacy of your personal information seriously. We discourage you from sending applications via email to comply with GDPR requirements and your local Data Privacy Law.
Nearest Major Market: Detroit