Accounting Manager at Symplicity Corporation (Washington DC)
| Washington DC
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:44 p.m. (CST) on Tuesday, June 28, 2022
The Accounting Supervisor is responsible for managing the day-to-day functions of the finance and accounting department including financial reporting, accounts payable/receivable and cash flow management. This is an exciting opportunity to get broad exposure to the accounting function of a growing, international software company.
- Manage the day-to-day finances of Symplicity including revenue recognition, accounts payable/ receivable, cash management and cash flow.
- Prepare reports for various stakeholders in order to make informed economic decisions
- Assist in the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements and annual audits, annual budgets and quarterly forecasts.
- Maintain departmental budgets.
- Manage the processing of payroll and expenses.
- Identify and implement process improvements and strive to follow best practices to enhance the quality, efficiency, and effectiveness of individual and teamwork product.
- Respond to CEO, CFO, COO and Controller as assigned with accurate and timely work and thoughtful dialog.
- Assist with Management of accounting support team
- Help develop accounting policies and approach for capitalizing R&D, recognizing deferred compensation expense, setting up appropriate transfer pricing mechanics.
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports.
- Three years of experience in public accounting or 4-5 years public/industry mix
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with competing deadlines
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred
- Familiar with Netsuite preferred
- Power Excel user
- Organized, meticulous attention to detail
- Team player with an ownership mentality who exhibits intellectual curiosity
Symplicity is the market leader in employability solutions. We help companies find talent, we help Higher Ed bridge the skills gap and we help recent college graduates launch their careers. Used by over 30 million students worldwide, our comprehensive suite of products touches the full life cycle of a student. From admission to alumni engagement, Symplicity’s products cover career services, advising, student conduct, campus life as well as housing & residence life. Symplicity is proud to be an equal and diverse Employer. EEO/AAP/M/F/Disabled/Veteran. Please note: employment with Symplicity contingent on successful completion of background check.
More Information on Symplicity Corporation
Symplicity Corporation operates in the Edtech industry. The company is located in Arlington, VA. Symplicity Corporation was founded in 1996. It has 221 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 24 open jobs at Symplicity Corporation, click here.
Read Full Job Description