Technical Business Analyst-Automation & Reliability Engineering at Warner Bros. Discovery (Washington DC)
Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery... the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are...
When we say, "the stuff dreams are made of," we're not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD's vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what's next...
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
The Automation & Reliability Engineering (ARE) group combines software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, distributed, fault-tolerant systems. ARE ensures that Discovery's services-both our internally critical and our externally-visible systems-have reliability, uptime appropriate to user's needs and a fast rate of improvement. Additionally, ARE will keep a watchful eye on our systems capacity and performance. Much of our engineering focuses on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure and eliminating work through automation.
On the ARE team, you'll have the opportunity to manage the complex challenges of scale which are unique to Discovery, while using your expertise in project and product management.
Your New Role:
This position is critical to the mission of the Automation & Reliability Engineering team as part of the Global Infrastructure Services group within Global Technology & Operations. The core purpose of this role is to provide cloud SAAS oversight with the cloud operations team. The role will provide access management, cost control and vendor management for cloud operations. The ideal candidate will be passionate about a data and metrics-driven operation that works across multiple IT and broadcast technologies and will also believe that automation is a key component to operating large-scale distributed systems.
Your Role Accountabilities:
- Planning and setting goals/milestones, establishing business and technical reviews, and building relationships with stakeholders.
- Collaborating with monitoring/observability tool owners in managing an observability tools stewardship program, addressing focus areas of documentation, provisioning, capabilities roadmap, utilization reporting, and stakeholder engagement.
- Displaying technical competency with cloud-based infrastructure and/or traditional IT domain, and the ability to interact with engineers to drive and influence engineering decisions.
- Supporting the design and operation of an automation center of excellence that provides an intake and lifecycle process for incident response and operational automation initiatives.
- Participating in and lead program check-ins and stand-up discussions. Track and oversee work, manage deliverables, expectations, and roadblocks.
- Working cross-functionally in a highly integrated team composed of both technical and non-technical members.
- Communicating technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Sharing industry best practices for technical documentation.
Qualifications & Experiences:
- Bachelor's degree in a technical or business discipline or equivalent relevant experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of cloud operations related experience
- Experience managing cross-functional programs or projects spanning stakeholders in technical organizations.
- Experience in a cloud computing and/or traditional IT infrastructure environment.
- Experience building dashboards and other technical documentation proving business value, return on investment, KPIs, etc.
- 3rd party cloud tool experience is preferred
*This is a HYBRID position, which requires working onsite 2-3 days per week.
How We Get Things Done...
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits...
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at [email protected].