Staff Software Engineer - Platform Security at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.Job Description
We are looking to hire a passionate, self-directed and tenacious individual who will become an influencer on the ServiceNow’s Platform Security Development team.
Be a part of the exciting, fast paced team that is creating leading security solutions for our customers.
Our team is working to secure our customer’s data at rest, in use and in transit through advanced cryptography algorithms and practices. As a Staff Software Engineer, you will:
- Proactively assume responsibility for quickly learning the existing platform security and cryptography offerings.
- Write robust, well tested, highly scalable, thread safe, well documented Java code.
- Leverage your strong teamwork and collaboration skills and engage with other platform and applications teams to ensure all encryption tech meets the requirements of the consumers of our platform and works within the business automation structure of our cloud.
- Build your experience in java debugging, heap and stack analysis, log analysis and basic cloud and network agility to quickly resolve customer issues on live instances.
- Use your excellent writing skills and forensic abilities to craft detailed Root Cause Analysis and mitigation plans for platform issues introduced by the security layer of the platform.
- Design software with network, system load over millions of records, responsiveness and error handling in mind.
- Deliver test plans, frameworks and strategies that test for the reality of load in our cloud.
- Cybersecurity is changing all the time. Our platform is evolving all the time. As a member of this team you will proactively upskill your resume.
- Continuously keep up to date with the world of cybersecurity and bring new discoveries to the ideas, designs and solutions implemented on our platform.
- Continuously keep up with the news of highly regulated sectors like financial and health care and be mindful of how those regulations could affect our decisions.
To be successful in this role you have:
- 6+ years of experience with Java or a similar OO language
- Experience with data structures, algorithms, object-oriented design, design patterns, and performance/scale considerations
- Experience with any of the modern UI frameworks like Angular, React or Vue
- Analytical and design skills
- Ability to manage projects with material technical risk at a team level
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.