Sr. Software Engineer (Infrastructure) at The Walt Disney Company (Hartford, CT)
- Build solutions for problems of sizable scope and complexity that have been successfully deployed to customers/users
- Champions Infrastructure as Code (IaC); provides thought leadership; establishes enterprise-level infrastructure patterns.
- Builds and enhances Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines.
- Regularly reviews existing systems, policies, and practices, while identifying solutions that enhance service delivery efficiency, and enhance the current environment.
- Mentors less experienced software engineers. Collaborates with product engineering leaders to find innovative solutions for moderately complex problems.
- Writes code that establishes and enhances frameworks, typically for software programs and systems that have little or no precedent.
- Reviews code for the design, testability and clear usability
- Develops specifications for assigned components, projects or fixes
- Builds solutions that scale and perform
- Participates in project proposal, architecture and design. Contributes to architecture design and implementation of assigned projects and may lead in the effort.
- Oversees technical maintenance. Performs troubleshooting for systems that tend to be large and highly complex.
- Design, development, documentation and/or testing.
- Applies experience to resolve a variety of complex issues
- Decisions and actions regularly have a moderate influence on the work of team members, other teams or assigned projects
- Identifies problems and opportunities and recommends the development of solutions
- Typically owns software programs and multiple components within the team
- Serves as a high level technical resource and "go-to" person for less experienced software engineers
- Makes routine and non-routine decisions on technical issues, with limited guidance from leader
Basic Qualifications :
- 5+ or more years of experience in software engineering, SRE, or DevOps roles
- Intermediate to advanced coding experience with the one or more of the following programming languages: Python, Java, Ruby, C/C++, Go
- You should know Object Oriented Design, common data structures, algorithms that go along with them, and how to test your code
- Advanced Experience with Amazon Web Services-based infrastructure and management including, but not limited to Route 53, ALB, EC2, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, Lambda, VPC, ECS, EKS, IAM, S3, etc
- Expertise in configuring, deploying, tuning, and supporting web frameworks at scale on Linux and container platforms
- Experience writing, maintaining and deploying RESTful services
- Experience with web caching and load balancing technologies such as HAProxy, Cloudfront, Varnish, and Nginx
- Detailed knowledge of core internet and networking protocols including, but not limited to TCP/IP, DNS, and HTTP
- Proficient working with Terraform, Ansible, or other configuration management tools
- Proficient with version control systems (Git, TFS, SVN)
- Experience managing site content and configuration via CDN providers
- Experience integrating with CI/CD platforms and tool chains such as TeamCity, Jenkins, and Gitlab
- Experience applying security best practices to application, system, and public cloud infrastructure
- Experience integrating with commercial and open source monitoring and telemetry platforms
Required Education :
- BS Computer Science or related technical discipline or its equivalent