Senior Software Engineer, Python at Restaurant Brands International (Miami, FL)
About Restaurant Brands International:
Restaurant Brands International Inc. is one of the world's largest quick service restaurant companies with more than $35 billion in annual system-wide sales and over 28,000 restaurants in more than 100 countries. RBI owns four of the world's most prominent and iconic quick service restaurant brands – TIM HORTONS®, BURGER KING®, POPEYES® and FIREHOUSE SUBS®. These independently operated brands have been serving their respective guests, franchisees and communities for decades. Through its Restaurant Brands for Good framework, RBI working towards its goal of improving sustainable outcomes related to its food, the planet, and people and communities.
As a Senior Software Engineer at RBI, you will be responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of features and applications of the RBI Technology Platform across all brands globally.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Development of software features
- Implement solutions following best practices
- Maintenance of technical products
Design Technical Solutions
- Design of technical solutions
- Documentation of technical solutions
Product Architecture Evolution
- Design product architecture improvements
- Implement product architecture evolutions
Maintain Continuous Integration Pipeline
- Implement and maintain test automation
- Maintain continuous integration and delivery pipelines
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Backend programing language required knowledge: Python OR other related object oriented programming languages. C/C++ desired.
- Frontend programing language knowledge: ReactJS, CSS and HTML5
- Knowledge of development concepts: Multithreading programing, Asynchronous processing, TCP and Serial communications, Queues and Topics, REST APIs, Clean Code and Clean Architecture
- Knowledge of modern databases, especially SQLite and Postgres, NoSQL database knowledge is desired
- Knowledge of modern technical architecture (hosted/cloud and distributed/on prem)
- Experience in Agile software development methodology, especially Scrum
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines (unit tests, deployment tools etc)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and written skills
- Strong analytical and risk mitigation skills
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related degree
- Experience in mission critical software development
- Knowledge of retail and restaurant business, specially QSR is desired
Restaurant Brands International and all of its affiliated companies (collectively, RBI) are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers that do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, provincial or federal laws, rules, or regulations. RBI's policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities upon request.
Will consider remote candidates.