Senior Site Reliability Engineer at SingleStore (Remote)
As a Site Reliability Engineer, your goal is to take SingleStore internal services to the next level. You will be focused on advancing our engineering process through strategic investments in new and existing technology. Our internal services run millions of tests in hundreds of thousands of Linux containers every day, and achieving optimal efficiency is crucial to our engineering productivity. As a technical leader in the space, you will collaborate with the rest of our engineering team guiding decisions critical to both team and company success.
Role and Responsibilities
- Support enterprise applications across all of SingleStore, helping to ensure our entire engineering team is both productive and efficient
- Update and optimize the engineering test environment to ensure it’s running at peak capacity
- Implement changes and improvements to current systems, as well as evaluate and implement future systems
- Systematically optimize the release schedule for both minor and major releases
- Successfully manage cross-functional projects spanning software, hardware, and operations
Required Skills and Experience
- Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems internals and administration (e.g., filesystems, inodes, system calls) or networking (e.g., TCP/IP, routing, network topologies and hardware, SDN)
- Experience supporting a development environment, with the ability to monitor and maintain the day-to-day infrastructure
- Proven ability to scale internal build and test services to hundreds or thousands of on-premise dedicated machines
- Experience writing multi-threaded programs requiring concurrency and synchronization primitives
- Experience debugging, diagnosing and troubleshooting complex, production software.
- Experience with Kubernetes ecosystem a strong plus.
- Willingness to participate actively in an on-call rotation, which may include occasional after-hours, weekend, and holiday work
- Ability to travel to local datacenter facility, lift/move (up to 50 lbs) equipment and use hand/power tools on an infrequent basis
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science or related field
SingleStore is one platform for all data, built so you can engage with insight in every moment. Trusted by industry leaders, SingleStore enables enterprises to adapt to change as it happens, embrace diverse data with ease, and accelerate the pace of innovation. SingleStore is venture-backed and headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Portland, Seattle, Boston, Bangalore, London, Lisbon, and Kyiv. Defining the future starts with The Database of Now™.
Consistent with our commitment to diversity & inclusion, we value individuals with the ability to work on diverse teams and with a diverse range of people.
To all recruitment agencies: SingleStore does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to SingleStore employees. SingleStore is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the Company.