LivePerson is a transformational force in how brands and consumers communicate. With over 18,000 brands, including HSBC, Disney, Verizon, and Home Depot, we are on a mission to make life easier for people and brands everywhere through trusted Conversational AI. We believe in a future where conversations are the norm for getting your intentions fulfilled - whatever they are.
We are an innovative, intent-driven company that believes in building the future and we are looking for growth minded, unconventional thinkers, developers and builders to join the team.
You will thrive here if:
You can operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment
You can build partnerships that move our business forward
You build code that is simple, understandable, and clean
You see feedback or failure as motivation to learn and to grow
You believe data-driven decision making is the norm
You relate to our core principles (link) and want to work with Conversational AI experts
LivePerson is growing fast, and we want our technology to keep up. We’ve formed a team that’s focused on evolving our database and data storage systems and how they’re used by application teams so we can scale faster than ever before. We’re seeking a Principal Database Engineer to help define how we accomplish this goal, and to help us achieve it.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing a team of SRE platform engineers and vendors who are responsible for upkeep of Production infrastructure that include delivering compute capacity and running on prem databases.
- Partnering your team closely with DevOps product teams to deliver and optimize solutions that they will use for running their workloads.
- Providing cloud-based solutions in GCP to create hybrid models which extend capacity e.g. “cloud bursting” as well as migrating workloads to managed database solutions to improve isolation and reliability.
- Manage capacity for on prem and provide per-service cost model for cloud-based infrastructure solutions
- Automate self-service provisioning and bring solid configuration management practices.
- Mentor platform engineers and DevOps product teams on best practices for managing infrastructure.
Your qualifications are:
- You have 10+ years of experience managing infrastructure teams, preferably in large scale environments.
- You have 5+ years of experience working with service owners running as DevOps teams in public cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud. GCP experience preferred.
- You have disrupted traditional operational models and successfully implemented DevOps practices around infrastructure.
- Has a broad set of experience with multiple infrastructure technologies and how to design, interlace, and future proof these solutions. Kubernetes and strong database knowledge is preferred.
- You are an expert at automating and how to build robust and scalable solutions as well as knowing the right tool for storing data that fits the use case.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Can demonstrate complex system engineering or cloud engineering skills
Why you’ll love working here:
LivePerson was named to FastCompany’s World’s most innovative companies of 2020 list for the Artificial Intelligence category. We offer top tier tech & data science colleagues, along with opportunities to push your own limits. We embrace invention and experimentation. You’ll have great benefits, flexible time off, plus snacks and drinks to keep your mind fresh and stomach full. Most importantly, you’ll have an ability to make an impact at work and at brands across the globe as we build the future with trusted Conversational AI together.
At LivePerson, people from diverse backgrounds come together to do their best work and be their authentic selves. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.