Security Engineer at Anitian (Remote)
At Anitian we believe security can be a force for good. As such, we are on a mission to make security and compliance easy for all. We harness the power and scale of the cloud to empower developers with automated, accelerated, autonomous, and accommodating security technologies.
Anitian is a place where smart people get to be smart. When you join our team, you will enjoy a workplace of creative problem solvers who cherish intelligence, compassion, and boldness. You will also enjoy the immediate respect of industry peers, as Anitian is recognized as a thought leader in information security.Job Description
Security Engineers perform security and cloud engineering for both Anitian’s managed security clients as well as internal automation and assessment services.
Security Engineers are deep security and IT generalists, applying their cloud and security platform experience to an ever-changing set of problems. They are equally capable of working tickets and liaising with client stakeholders, as they are assisting with the implementation of security architecture projects. Security Engineers are adaptable at expanding and applying their security technology experience to keep up with industry and client needs, as well as conveying cloud and security concepts to both internal and external groups.
- Security Engineers require cloud, general IT, and security platform experience with introductory automation knowledge.
- Install, configure, test, troubleshoot, optimize, and harden the following kinds of platforms:
- Public and private cloud, such as AWS and VMware
- SIEM, such as Splunk and Elastic Stack
- Next generation firewall, such as FortiGate
- Cloud or virtual servers, such as Linux and Windows
- Vulnerability scanning and management, such as Tenable and SAINT
- Endpoint Protection Platforms, such as Trend Micro and Carbon Black
- Implement architectures with FIM, IPS, DLP, configuration management and code repositories.
- Provide internal consultation to development resources on platform automations
- Troubleshoot platform automations
- Integrate threat intelligence and threat hunting techniques into solutions
- Develop, maintain, advise, and harden operating systems and common applications
- Document Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs)
- Display effective time and ticket management
- Other Duties as Assigned
- 3+ years of IT experience including system and network administration
- 3+ years of experience with common enterprise security platforms such as NGFW, SIEM, and Vulnerability Management
- 1+ years of experience with public cloud platforms such as AWS
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to adapt to constantly to the changing technology landscape
- Effectively understand and implement complex systems
- Minimum associate-level networking, including Next Generation firewall administration.
- Expertise in:
- Public and private cloud such as AWS and VMware
- SIEM such as Splunk and Elastic Stack
- Next Generation Firewalls such as FortiGate
- Operating system and application security best practices
- Vulnerability scanning and management
- Endpoint Protection Platforms such as Trend Micro and Carbon Black
- Windows and Linux servers
- Common application servers and services such as Apache and LDAP
- Experience with:
- Cloud platform cost design
- SIEM query languages and syntax
- Configuration management such as Ansible and Terraform
- Private Key Infrastructure
- Multi-factor authentication
- Web Application Firewalls
- File Integrity Monitoring, Data Loss Prevention, and Intrusion Detection/Prevention
- Endpoint security best practices
- Effective time management
- Genial, professional attitude
- College degree in a relevant field preferred, but not required.
- Relevant certificates evaluated, but not required.
Flexible Work Environment: We offer our employees flexibility in their work location. Whether you prefer to work onsite at our Beaverton, OR, headquarters office, work fully remote from your home, or a hybrid solution, we have a place for you.
Please note: All remote work must be performed within the United States.
Benefits of this position include:
- Competitive compensation package, including stock options.
- Four weeks of PTO per year with additional PTO earned with years of service.
- Eleven paid holidays.
- We offer competitive health benefits including medical, dental, vision, FSA/HSA, EAP, life insurance and disability benefits.
- 401K retirement plan, up to 4% matching.
- Professional development reimbursement program.
- Internet Subsidy
- For more information about working with Anitian, please visit our careers page.
- Anitian participates in E-Verify. More information available here.