At Brightspeed, we are reimagining how people live, work, play and connect by providing fast, reliable internet connections and an awesome customer experience in twenty states throughout the Midwest and South.
Backed by funds managed by Apollo Global Management our vision is to accelerate the upgrade of copper to fiber optic technologies, bringing faster and more reliable internet service to many rural markets traditionally underserved by broadband providers, while delivering best-in-class customer experience.
Be a part of the team that will make this vision a reality….designing and building a world class fiber network and creating a customer experience second to none.
Check us out on the web!Job Description
Brightspeed has an exciting opportunity for a Principal Engineer Backend, Digital and Omni Channel Sales to join our growing IT team! As Principal Engineer Backend, you will be responsible for leading and building creative solutions in a dynamic environment working with knowledgeable team member within digital and omni channel sales area.
As Principal Engineer Backend, Digital and Omni Channel Sales, your primary responsibilities will include:
- Leading development team of employees and contractors to design, develop and deliver technology solutions
- Working closely with the business team, 3rd party vendors, and other internal IT teams to deliver projects on time
- Lead and oversee all aspect of development process, ensuring development activities are carried out with highest industry standards
- Define standards, guidelines and help team to adopt to the standards
- Review, evaluate and prioritize new feature requests from business partner and stakeholder
- Participate in daily scrum call, review project progress, identify issues, risks and blockers with the deliverables and guide team for the resolution
- Engage with business partners and peers to identify the opportunities to improve the digital and omni channel sales
- Oversee architecture and development of backend microservices, reusable component
- Do research on emerging technologies, build proof of concept to evaluate feasibility.
- Interface and effectively communicate with various internal and external systems and stakeholder
- Demonstrate a sense of pride, ownership and accountability of the application end-to-end
- Train new members and on-board them to digital and omni sales platform
WHAT IT TAKES TO CATCH OUR EYE:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science (or related field) or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of related experience with at least 4 years of leadership experience
- Experience in leading cloud native application using java, j2ee, springboot, spring, no-sql, cache
- Strong technical skill and deep hands-on experience in building complex, highly scalable software solution
- Technical expertise in building stateless microservices based distributed system
- Experience working with pub/sub messaging technologies such Kafka or similar
- Experience working with logging framework such as Kibana, Splunk, logstash
- Experience working with event driven architecture
- Experience working with API First methodology with exposer in creating API documentation using Swagger or RAML
- Experience with containerizing services and running them at scale using Kubernates
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Experience in Telecom industry
- Familiarity with cloud AWS or Azure or GCP
- Experience with mobile app (iOS and Android) development
WHY JOIN US?
We aspire to contemporary ways of working.
We are committed to being a leader in defining a new way to work because we recognize the changing mindset of today's workforce. We meet you where you are...wherever you are, by providing sensible remote and hybrid work arrangements. Why? Because our purpose is to reimagine how people work, learn, play and connect!
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
Our benefits and paid time off programs reflect our underlying belief in promoting overall wellness through physical, emotional and financial health. We are committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the center of our grounding belief in Being Real.
When we bring our authentic selves to work, everyone is better as a result. A diverse team helps us be fierce advocates for more accessible, inclusive and high-quality internet, because we believe doing so promotes equity in the communities we serve.
Brightspeed is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please be advised that Brightspeed (Connect Holding LLC) requires its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to the Company’s legal obligations including potentially accommodating an employee’s sincerely held religious beliefs or medical condition.