Manager, Site Reliability Engineering at Circle (Remote)
Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 53+ billion in circulation and supported over $1.9+ trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Circle’s SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising and capital formation to startups and growth companies. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll be responsible for:
As a senior leader on the Circle Technical Operations team, you will lead a dynamic team of site reliability engineers whose mission is to support the reliability and availability of all our applications and services deployed to Circle’s cloud estate. You will work closely with your direct reports, engineering, security, operations and other stakeholders to allow Circle to release new features and products and scale.
What you will work on:
- Be both highly technical and an effective people manager
- Perform full lifecycle of team management to attract, engage, retain, coach and performance manage teams of exceptional engineers (e.g., mentoring, recruiting, training and development, performance evaluation)
- Lead a sterling team of site reliability engineers that would act as a source of focused expertise and and a catalyst for engineering
- Drive instrumentation of services for end-to-end alerting, observability, monitoring, metrics, logging and dashboards
- Own and drive incident management process, conduct post mortems and publish RCA reports, maintain playbooks and on-call rotation schedules
- Own and drive cloud cost management, capacity planning and performance management and partner with engineering leaders to optimize for performance and cost
- Measure the impact of your team and set lucid expectations and goals
- Coordinate the execution of these activities working with cross-functional teams within Circle
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- 2+ years leading engineering teams
- 5+ years of DevOps or site reliability engineering experience, primarily focused on backend security, latency, throughput, observability and reliability
- Hands-on experience with distributed tracing, monitoring tools, container orchestration technologies, IaaC tools and cloud infrastructure
- Experience with agile software development and scrum methodology, effective communication, collaboration and presentation skills
- Hands-on leadership style, working connectly with your team of SREs, and performing code reviews
- You are passionate about software engineering, cryptocurrency, process improvement and driving change
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.#LI-Remote