Lead Solutions Architect(Azure) at Cox Enterprises (Indianapolis, IN)
Architecture Vision and Direction
- Contributes to the technology strategy by identifying, assessing, and recommending external trends in technology, technology solutions and methodologies.
- Exercises solution design leadership on initiatives, driving alignment to target architecture and design standards.
- Facilitates architecture reviews, ensuring adherence to architectural standards, and consistency across organizational and design boundaries.
- Focus on Microsoft Azure architecture decisioning and roadmaps.
- Creates solution options and solution architecture, adhering to architectural standards and the technology roadmap, and minimizing technical debt.
- Designs solutions that involve complex, multi-system integration, possibly across BUs or domains.
- Drives alignment between Enterprise Architecture, Technical Architecture and business needs.
- Participates in application rationalization and the development of application architecture roadmaps.
- Identifies applications and platforms impacted by the solution, the need for new platforms, and drives platform selection.
- Contributes to backlog of development team.
- Facilitates large groups of diverse stakeholders to obtain consensus on target solution.
Advice & Guidance
- Provides guidance and oversight, ensures the viability of proposed solutions, and provides direction on the appropriate approach to the solution throughout the project.
- Communicates solution architecture to stakeholders and other technologists.
- Leverages Microsoft Azure experience guiding organization on architectural best practices with Azure
Emerging Technology Monitoring
- Evaluates emerging technologies and the evolution of current technologies to define a future vision roadmap for optimal application of technology to meet business needs.
- Conducts Proof of Concept for feasibility studies.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science degree or related field AND 5+ years of architecture experience.
- 6+ years of working experience designing, developing, and delivering web application solutions
- Involved in vendor selection processes and management throughout the project lifecycle
- Working experience with Java and Azure
- Working experience with serverless Azure solutions (e.g., SQL MI, Functions etc..)
- Working experience architecting complex, multi-system solutions
- Working experience developing architecture principles and standards
- Experience with building cloud applications (Born in the cloud preferred)
- Experience with continuous improvement/deployment and DevOps
- Microsoft Azure Solution Architect Certification(s)
- Experience with use of APIs and other modern technologies to help build integrated distributed apps
- Experience with Java Spring Boot platforms and architecture patterns
- Experience with Single Page Application frameworks and models
- Background in SAFE
- Experience with integrating Cloud (AWS or Azure) with Salesforce a plus
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What's more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses - which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications - is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page .
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.