IT Senior ETL Developer at Brightspeed (Remote)
At Brightspeed, we are reimagining how people live, work, play and connect by providing fast, reliable internet connections and an awesome customer experience in twenty states throughout the Midwest and South.
Backed by funds managed by Apollo Global Management our vision is to accelerate the upgrade of copper to fiber optic technologies, bringing faster and more reliable internet service to many rural markets traditionally underserved by broadband providers, while delivering best-in-class customer experience.
Be a part of the team that will make this vision a reality….designing and building a world class fiber network and creating a customer experience second to none.
Check us out on the web!Job Description
IT Senior ETL Developer
We have an exciting opportunity for an IT Senior ETL Developer to join our growing team and lead, manage and transform our order provisioning and activation platforms. As an IT Senior ETL Developer, you will develop modern data pipelines to meet key business objectives. You will report to the IT Manager of Legal & Regulatory Systems. In this role, you will demonstrate your ability to organize, prioritize tasks, resolve technical issues, and think proactively. You will have extensive experience building scalable data platforms, using that experience as our Data Warehouse team uses wide range of technical skills, including ETL tools like Informatica, Python, HADOOP/HIVE, Spark, BigQuery, Snowflake.
As an IT Senior ETL Developer, your responsibilities will include:
- Design and implement ETL processes and controls to ingest, organize, curate large volumes data from variety of sources
- Design ETL solutions for Data Warehouse/Data Mart/Data Lake
- Build streaming and batch data pipelines
- Work closely with cross-functional teams in IT and business partners to build ETL solutions
- Implement ETL solutions for large volumes of data by applying various data warehouse modeling techniques like Star Schema
- Perform extensive data profiling and analysis based on the data
- Produce documented designs of ETL solutions where required
- Analyze and diagram the existing data communication workflows and provide strategy and methods to improve the workflow
- Build re-usable code, components and services that incorporate versioning, reconciliation, and exception handling
- Communicate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
WHAT IT TAKES TO CATCH OUR EYE:
Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in Computer Science
- 8+ years of progressive experience in designing, developing, and deploying Date warehouse and Big Data solutions
- 5+ years of experience designing, building, and supporting real-time and batch data pipeline and analytical solutions with Hadoop (Hive, Kafka, Spark, Spark Streaming, Hbase) and Teradata, ETL tools like Informatica, Talend, Data Fusion, Python/Java, Oracle/Exadata
- 1+ years of experience in delivering data solutions on cloud platforms (GCP or Azure)
- Exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills, with the ability to drive actionable insights that facilitate cross-functional initiatives and business outcomes
- Excellent planning skills, including the ability to organize, prioritize and control job responsibilities to meet deadlines in an environment with overlapping and potentially conflicting priorities
- Expert analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving abilities
- Experience in Hadoop cluster creation and management
- Ability to expertly solve complex technical problems
- Expert knowledge of non-functional requirements including security, scalability, and usability
- Expert knowledge of data design patterns, principles, and practices
- Demonstrated ability to develop and support a scalable data platform
- Hands-on big data management and analysis experience
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, start-up culture
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Telecom experience
- Understanding in Layer 1,2,3 service ordering and provisioning
- Understanding of Telecom Billing systems like Ensemble, CABS, ZUORA
WHY JOIN US?
We aspire to contemporary ways of working.
We are committed to being a leader in defining a new way to work because we recognize the changing mindset of today's workforce. We meet you where you are...wherever you are, by providing sensible remote and hybrid work arrangements. Why? Because our purpose is to reimagine how people work, learn, play and connect!
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
Our benefits and paid time off programs reflect our underlying belief in promoting overall wellness through physical, emotional and financial health. We are committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the center of our grounding belief in Being Real.
When we bring our authentic selves to work, everyone is better as a result. A diverse team helps us be fierce advocates for more accessible, inclusive and high-quality internet, because we believe doing so promotes equity in the communities we serve.
Brightspeed is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please be advised that Brightspeed (Connect Holding LLC) requires its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to the Company’s legal obligations including potentially accommodating an employee’s sincerely held religious beliefs or medical condition.